If I knew that my second pregnancy would be such a breeze, I would've signed up for it a lot sooner! Kidding, sort of, but it HAS been fabulous in comparison to my pregnancy with Brooke. I was thrilled to be pregnant the first time around, obviously, but had nearly every undesirable pregnancy "side effect" imaginable. I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow, and by this time during my first pregnancy, I was still miserably sick, trying desperately not to fall asleep at my desk, passing out on the couch after work, breaking out all over the place, starving all of the time, and just generally chunky looking. I looked more like I'd simply overindulged, and less like I was with child.
This time, aside from being tired in the afternoons, (which should subside soon!) I've been feeling great. Very minor nausea early on aside, I haven't had horrendous morning sickness like I did with Brooke. I haven't been breaking out. I haven't really been hungrier than usual. I don't think I even look wider, because my little bump is hanging out in front, not sideways. :) I just feel... pretty great. I realize I may eat my words down the line, but I can say that for the time being, I am very happily pregnant. All of these things lead me to believe there's a baby boy in my belly, but I've been told every pregnancy is different, and not to base my assumptions on that!
Brooke, Mom and I went out for lunch yesterday at a wonderful local restaurant after I got back from work. Delicious food, and a very unique, gorgeous building. We love going there. It's pretty funny to watch Brooke get extra attention just because she's cute. (being well-behaved is probably a bonus as well!) The server gave her a little toy helicopter with the restaurant's name on it when we first were seated, (they do that for all of the kids) but then a waitress, who kept waving and talking to her, came by a little later and gave her a toy car. She has started a little collection! Everyone would wave at her when they passed by, or talk to her, and I don't think she knew what to do with the extra attention. :) *Sigh* It's gotta be rough being so adorable. When my Mom and I ordered a dessert to share, they brought Brooke a free scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Highlight of her day, I'm sure. ;-) Personally, I'm just glad she's well-behaved. That's what I'm most thankful for when we go out. :)
Given we won't have to leave until Ryan can get home, (and I'm pretty sure we won't) I'll be going with Em to see Third Day tonight! I love concerts, so I'm thrilled to have been invited! :) We've seen them once before, (with Jars of Clay and Switchfoot) and they were great. I was hoping to maybe meet them afterwards to get a picture for Stellan's Name Gallery, (If you're not familiar with Stellan, he's MckMama's son who is very ill) but I think you have to be a part of their club to get into it. I'm familiar with the exits for most venues, but not this one. Guess you never know, though. I'd really, really like to be able to get a picture for Stellan, though. God willing, when he's older, his Mom wants to wallpaper his room in the pictures that were sent in, of all of the people who love him and are praying for him.
Well, here are some pictures from our lunch yesterday. Enjoy! :)
Brooke & Mommy ~
Brooke & Grandmom!
Mmm, icecream!
Blowing kisses to Mommy ~
Kisses for Grandmom~ (Yes, Puddles even tags along to restaurants!)
oh, man I love Third Day! I would love to see them in concert some day. I listen to their CD all the time! :-) Have fun!!
And your daughter is soooo adorable! Just beautiful!!
- Angela
#
posted by aseabeesbrowneyedgurl :
11:44 AM, April 02, 2009
Loved the pics! The park day ones too! I was watching home video of when Hannah was 3. Wow, six years later but it is hard to believe how fast it goes! I am so thankful you are enjoying this pregnancy! I had three girls. Each pregnancy was a bit different. I had the most sickness with Mary. I actually lost weight. I thought I was having a boy too until the ultrasound at 18 weeks! :) Not trying to discourage you. Just remembering! I know you will be happy either way!
Hey girl! Sounds like your pregnancy is going a lot like mine has been. I feel like I was made to be pregnant. Besides the extreme fatigue at the end of the day, this has been so easy (so far!) I think I was blessed with good genes too though because my mom never got sick. I'm hoping that the symptom changes and the difference in your belly is indicating "boy" for you. It would be fun to have 1 of each. How many kids do you guys want total? We can't decide what we think ours is. Since I don't really have anything to compare it to, I don't know if I'm more out front or around. I think I'm sticking out front a little more though. Plus the cravings seem to be more "boy" cravings. However, my friends and family are all getting "girl" vibes. The heart rate was 158 which is high...girl usually. I've had an equal number of boy and girl dreams...so who knows!! We're excited either way. Well have a great weekend!