Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Perfect Time of Day -

I'd been trying to wait until it was officially fall to break out my new layout, but especially with the nice weather today, I just couldn't help myself. :) Hope you like the new colors.

We've all been doing well over here. We're pretty much in a state of transition, but unfortunately, I'm just not able to share about it just yet. If you would, please be in prayer for us while we're in the midst of it. We're just trying to follow God's guidance, but that is sometimes difficult to discern. Somehow He always manages to steer us where He wants us, and gives us a peace about it. There's a song that Switchfoot does, "The Shadow Proves the Sunshine," that I absolutely adore, and it's not your typical happy song. It talks about the times in our lives that we don't understand. No matter how many times I'm shown His love, I still panic when things are out of my control. This year especially, I think we've both really learned in every way how dependent we are, and while a difficult one to learn, it has caused me to grow a lot. It's beautiful, this journey that we're on, and His promises to watch us and keep us, and the song just brought it to mind.

Brooke is amazing. She's walking everywhere, and getting in to lots of things she never seemed to notice before. :) She's really loving the kitchen right now, namely the cabinets, so now I need to pick up some cabinet locks. There's a cabinet full of tupperware that she's free to explore, but all of the other cabinets are off limits. Can't take your eye off that girl for one second. :)

She is LOVING books right now. We've finally been able to add reading into her bedtime routine. (Before, she never seemed interested--she mainly just wanted to rip the pages off) She also ADORES her stuffed animals. She carries them around, gives them kisses, and goes down for naptime and bedtime with them. I was the exact same way with my stuffed friends, so it makes my heart happy to see her like that.

She's been a little clingy recently while she's going through a teething phase again. I wouldn't believe it myself if I couldn't see them with my own eyes, but the girl's got ELEVEN teeth! All 8 front teeth, and 3 incisors! I don't think she's finished yet, either, because her gums are still looking swollen. Not to mention, she has clearly been growing! She's so tall. :) So, she's eating a lot more, and seems tired more often than usual. Ah, you know, it's tough being a toddler.

I'm really looking forward to experiencing this fall and winter with her. Pumpkin-picking, trick-or-treating, hay rides, Thanksgiving, tree-hunting, Christmas. It seems like all of our experiences are so much more fun with her in them.

In other news, Em and I went to the Music Builds Tour concert at Nissan on Sunday! Em had found 4th row, center tickets! They had Jars of Clay, (I've loved them for years) the Robert Randolph Family Band, (had never heard of them before) Switchfoot, and Third Day. (who we've both been wanting to see for a while now) It was an awesome show, despite the 96 degree heat, and I'm so glad that she invited me. :) Not only were they all fantastic, but our super-close seats were just amazing. We were also able to meet Jars of Clay!

With my camera out of comission, Em took all of the pictures!


Em & I - It took an INSANELY long time to get a decent pic of us..
Did I mention it was 96 degrees and sticky hot?


Dan of Jars of Clay ~


Jars of Clay ~


Dan ~


Jon of Switchfoot ~


Tim of Switchfoot ~


Third Day~


Third Day, Jars of Clay, and Switchfoot ~


Third Day, Jars of Clay, and Switchfoot ~


EVERYONE! Third Day, RRFB, Switchfoot, and Jars of Clay ~


Dan of Jars of Clay, and me ~ So cute!

I really do want to update more--it just wasn't happening last week. :) Stay tuned! I do have more recent Brooke pics that I just haven't edited yet. Hope you all are having a great day. :)


9:33 AM

Comments:
I LOVE the new layout. =) Could you e-mail me and tell me how you get your site so "personalized"?? I have a blogspot, but don't use it because I want to make it 'mine'. =) I'm at auntbug_79atyahoodotcom.

I'll keep you guys in my thoughts as you tackle this new transition in your lives.

And I'm also THRILLED to get to experience all of those same holidays/seasonal traditions with my little girl. She'll be a year on October 24th, so it'll be so much fun with her able to actually 'participate' in things this year.
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers