For whatever reason, I completely forgot to mention yesterday that I had my first Braxton-Hicks contraction on Wednesday morning. I had just woken up, and was about to get out of bed when my lower abdomen started tightening up. I had never felt anything like that before, so I stayed still as it kept getting tighter, and it went away after about a minute.
So, I looked it up, thinking it could be a BH contraction, and sure enough, that's what it was. They don't hurt at all; they just feel weird. 17 weeks is relatively early to feel them, (they say mid-pregnancy is most common) but everyone's different. Some women never feel them at all!
Okay, so here's my 17 week belly picture. Just a wee bit different from 16 weeks, no?
Belly! I think it's kinda cute, though. It'll be fun when I look pregnant with clothes on instead of looking like I've been eating a little too much. I'm getting there, though!
Oh, and we tried the take-the-picture-while-standing-on-a-chair thing, and it didn't work. At all. It did look pretty funny, though! Maybe we can start taking the weekly pictures in the morning, though, because they're coming out awfully dark! We had every light in the room on to take that picture, too.
You're not even going to believe what my husband is going to do today. He had requested a half-day, because we thought my brother-in-law, Jamin, would be coming in sometime today rather than sometime tomorrow. Well, of course Ryan still wants to have his half-day off work! So, do you know what he's going to be doing?? (aside from watching the many basketball games, of course) He wants to shampoo all of our carpets today. Bless his heart, that's what he wants to do! I know, I'm lucky. :)
Everyone here is already wagering guesses as to whether I'm having a boy or girl. Some people are dead-set on it being a boy, others are dead-set on it being a girl. Thankfully we find out ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!!!
Okay, lots and lots to do today. Hope you all have a wonderful Friday, and a great weekend!! Enjoy the weather! :)
LOOK AT THE CUTE BABY BELLY!!! It's little, but it's DEFINITELY there, Em. Aww... can't wait to hear what it is next week. :)
As for the wedding, I can't believe I'll be married in 99 days, either! It's been a long haul, that's for sure. I only hope mine turns out as gorgeous as yours was!
I'm glad you're finally losing the "see the ribs" look - I think you look MUCH better this week. :) You look healthy, and that momma glow - WOW!! :) and Wow upside down is MOM! :) hehe
That had nothing to do with your post. I'm sorry. I'm so random today. Weird.
Hey there beautiful mamma! I think you still look really small! Isn't it funny that someone can say that when you look at your belly thinking wha? It's adoradle regardless! I agree that it will be nice to beging "looking" pregnant. There are some shirts I won't go near simply b/c they look odd without my belly looking "official". That's so wonderful about the carpets...he's a smart man, do them now and it's less once the baby comes :) Have you had any luck looking for houses? I'm praying for you! God bless you and that cute little belly :)vincy