Tuesday, October 05, 2010

It's Been a While ~

Ahhh, I've been away for so long. I'm not going to get into details, so let me get straight to my newest happenings, ok?

Our 2 year old is now a THREE year old. Brooke had a really sweet ladybug party, (at her request) which I spent HOURS on. Seeing her little face when she saw all of the decorations and her CAKE (which I made myself) made it all worth it. She is looking so grown up these days--she is SO tall, her hair is getting long, and I love hearing her conversations, and what her vivid imagination has conjured up. She's big into pretend play, and dressing up. (I wondered when that would start! :) She's really funny without trying to be. She says "oh dear," when she drops something or things don't go her way, which I have to laugh about. Clearly she hears that one from me, and suddenly I'm even more thankful I don't ever use bad language. :) I asked her last month what she'd like to dress up as for Halloween, and, after thinking about it, told me, "Cinderella!" That one caught be by surprise, because 1) even though we have the Cinderella movie, she has only watched it maybe 3 times. and 2) that's absolutely something I personally would've picked for her. Win! :)




She still loves her brother, but she is more territorial about her belongings now that he's getting into everything. But, she's very sweet to him--giving him kissies or hugs without prompting--and still really enjoys playing with him. Since he can get around really quickly, her favorite thing is when he "chases" her around the kitchen. :) They also play peekaboo, and she LIGHTS UP when he laughs at something funny that she did. It's pretty wonderful to see them playing together.

Our son is turning ONE this week, (Friday) and I've been busy busy busy planning his Fox themed birthday party for 10/16. I originally had wanted a pumpkin theme. Just ask my husband. I've been envisioning a pumpkin party pretty much since he was BORN. (since he was born in October, he was always been my pumpkin baby) But, Ryan wasn't thrilled with the pumpkin idea, so I got a little creative, and decided on more of a fox theme. Of course, there is NOTHING fox-themed out there, so a lot of it has been DIY. I made his invitation, I'll be making his cake, and I'll be taking basic plates and adding a custom label in the center. AND, I will still get to use pumpkins as decoration! :) It will be very autumn inspired, and I'm really, really excited about it. Here's his (edited for privacy) invitation:

I thought Pierson would be walking by now, considering he started crawling SO early in the game. (much earlier than Brooke) But, here we are, 3 days away from his first birthday, and the most I can get out of him is two independent steps. :) Ah well, all in his own time! He has been cruising forever, though, and even cruises around the room just "holding" on the the walls. So, he really doesn't need to hold on to anything, but he thinks he does. :)

He says Dada and Mama, (even though "mama" was first, he says "dada" ALL day long!) and also says "Na na" and "Eee!" (!" added for emphasis--that's how HE says it. :) I'm not sure what either of those mean, but he sure sounds cute. :)

Ryan is about to leave for an incentive trip he won through his company. (Woohoo!) He'll be in Hilton Head, SC from Thursday through Sunday. I'm really, really excited for him, because he so deserves this, but I really wish they would pay for spouses to go, so I could enjoy it with him. :) It also means that he won't be here for Pierson's actual birthday, but I plan on making his birthday special anyway. :) Pierson won't know, and I think the main thing is that he will definitely be here for Pierson's PARTY, which is the big to-do anyway. :)

We were planning on going to the Pumpkin Patch today, but it is REALLY WINDY, and I doubt either of my kids would be very happy there for very long. So, we'll be going on Thursday instead. It's so expensive to go there anymore ($45 for our family of four) so we're going THIS week instead, because they're having a really good weekday deal this week only. Since Ryan won't be able to go, my Mom is planning on going so I'll have an extra pair of hands. :)

Well, here are a few more pictures. :) Enjoy!



11:32 AM

Comments:
So precious! I love the pictures and can just imagine them playing chase! Every year I think I might try to find a patch that is more reasonable for this family of 6, but I just can't find it. Oh well, I haven't started the tradition so I will just let it go I guess! LOL Have a great weekend!
 
Aww, can't believe how big they've gotten. They are both adorable! The lady bug cake is awesome! God bless your little family. :o)
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers