One year ago today, at 2:40 PM, we welcomed Pierson Ryan into the world, and into our family. It's funny for me to think about now, how I had absolutely no idea what this new baby had in store for me, or how he would change me.
When I was pregnant, I worried about how I could possibly love another child nearly as much as I love Brooke. I actually even worried about my capabilities as a mother to a boy. After all, I've been married to one for nearly 5 years, and I still don't understand him. ;-) What did I really know about boys?
We had decided to name our son Landon, which we had finally agreed on, and were set on for several weeks. Until one day when I heard the name Pierson, and, in spite of opposition to it on a popular message board, (since we weren't announcing our name choice to anyone we knew) I just couldn't shake it. I even had dreams about it. Thankfully Ryan was open to it, and, even though we had already become accustomed to calling him Landon, I'm forever thankful that we changed our minds. He is SUCH a Pierson.
His middle name was going to be Owen, after Ryan's middle name. That is, until it occurred to me that his initials would be... yep, that's right. P.O.S. Even though initials aren't that big of a deal, we just couldn't do that to our child! Plan B, Pierson Ryan it was.
Pierson Ryan is a complete joy. He has got me so wrapped around his finger, it's ridiculous. He is pure fun, pure play, pure adventure, pure happiness, pure fearlessness, pure energy, pure sweetness, pure love, pure adorableness, pure go-go-go. He's so handsome. He's so easy going. His laugh.. oh my gosh, there are hardly words for that deep belly laugh that is so easy to provoke. And the boy's EYES! Needless to say, I'm pretty smitten with this boy. He has been an amazing baby, and I'm so excited to see him grow into his new title of toddler.
After helping take care of three nephews I was a bit worried about having a girl. Now after four daughters, I know it would be very different, but wonderful too! So thankful for your joy in having him. Loved your title by the way! :) Don't you wish Brooke could share her feelings of how things have changed this year for her too! They are so precious together! May God continue to bless your dear family! Love, Eva