Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Widdle Bug ~

This morning I was getting Brooke dressed to go to the gym with me. Like we always do, (we all go every week day) I got up on her bed to change her into her clothes, and asked her oh-so important things, such as if she slept well, and what she was going to play with at the gym child care center. Out of the blue, she tells me, "I saw a widdle bug!"

"You did?" I asked. "Was he outside?" (she incessantly looks out her windows, and so I figured she probably saw one crawling out there.)

"Nooooo," she replied, "over dare!" and pointed to the other side of her room.

"Really..." I said, "what kind of bug was he?"

"Brown!" she said, excitedly, and added, "I love bugs!" (and then giggled.. she really DOES love bugs)

Oh boy. So, I asked her to show me where she saw the bug, and I swear she ran over to the pile of books which were laying on the floor, (trust me, they all start out IN the bookcase before bed) and my heart skipped a beat. The girl saw a bug on her books?! :( When turning over the book failed to result in a bug sighting, she told me that the bug was "all gone."

That's when I noticed the massive STINK BUG on her bookcase next to her. Awesome. Now, I know stink bugs are harmless, (unless squashed, that is) but they are hideous, they are NOT "widdle," and I really don't appreciate critters in my house, ever.. ESPECIALLY my childrens' rooms.

So, like the super mom I try to appear to be, (I would never want to be the CAUSE for either of my childrens' fears) I retrieved a lidded cup from downstairs, captured the bug, and released him outside, explaining to Brooke that, "bugs think they want to be inside, but their home is outside."

It really figures, you know, that this reformed bug lover (I adored them as a kid! Hard to believe, I know.) turned bug hater now has a little bug lover on her hands. I'm thankful, though, that she's not afraid of them. Those giggles I heard at the sight of the "widdle bug" are WAY better than the mass hysterics I COULD have heard this morning when she first discovered the bug.

So, there you go. My bug story of the day. YES, I am posting again, and rather than get into WHY I'm posting again, (ahem, reading older posts and feeling sad that I won't have those casual everyday memories or thoughts to remember later down the road) lets just say that I'll be posting from now on. They may not be BIG entries, and they may not always contain pictures, (too much pressure!!) but I'll be back nonetheless.

Happy Tuesday, all! (yes, all FIVE of you at last count :))


12:45 PM

Comments:
Widdle bugs are just too cute :)
Mimi
 
that is so cute... i hate hate bugs... my fiance laughs at me.. i can just see our kids loving them!
im glad to see you back :)
 
This has me laughing! But I shuddered at the same time. I hate bugs now matter how "widdle" they are!!
 
welcome back!i missed your posts.
 
Welcome back!!!
 
Too cute! I LOVED bugs when I was little too! My parents got me a bug catcher, complete with magnifying glass, for my 5th birthday!

Now, I can't stand them... Ugh gross!

Looking forward to more stories and posts :)
 
So happy you're back, you've been missed :)!
 
YEEEEHAW! I have always hated bugs. And I will probably cause my future children to be terrified of spiders because I immediately scream when I see them. I am so glad you're back!
 
YAY! I'm glad to see you are posting again. I HATE bugs...they don't scare me, just give me the heebie geebies... EW. I hope that Leah feels the same so that I don't get a bunch of creepy crawlies in my house as she gets older!
 
Glad you are back!! I HATE bugs! Pres does not fully know what they are yet...thank goodness!!
 
Just a blog groupie, but so glad you're posting again. Welcome back!
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers