Wednesday, February 24, 2010

History in the Making~

I'm here. :) Writing on my journal over here has felt more like an unwanted obligation than a pleasant diversion, and so I've neglected it. It has felt more like work than fun. A lot of you have found me over on Facebook, which is wonderful! I post pictures and update on our life at least once a day there. It's so much easier, which is nice these days. I don't have an abundance of "free" time these days. :)

But, for those who still visit me here, (which, granted, there are only a few of you at this time :)) I thought I'd post a little update on our crazy, but deliriously delightful life as a family of four. Pierson's birth was a breath of fresh air for our family--a newborn in the house, unpredictability, less sleep, but more play and more fun. New milestones. New memories. More laughter. Sweet moments that pass between our daughter--the big sister--and her little brother. Like last night, when she was laying on the floor next to him, and suddenly reached over and held his hand. She's never done that before, but moments like that make my heart full. When she shares her toys with him, (even her most treasured possessions) decides to "read" to him, or help him get a toy he's reaching for--those unprompted moments of sweetness have shown us another side of our daughter that we couldn't have predicted before Pierson's birth.

When we've just finished dinner, and we're all in the kitchen--me, doing the dishes, dancing to the radio, Ryan chasing Brooke around the table, Brooke laughing hysterically, stopping briefly beside me to dance along, and Pierson sitting in his bouncy seat on the table, looking at his family like we're all a bunch of crazies--I stop and take it all in, willing myself to remember moments like this forever. They are what make our family unique, and make us, us. And these moments won't last forever.

Pierson is now four and half months old. Can you believe that? He had been sleeping through the night early on, but suddenly was waking 3 or 4 times a night for weeks. (the dreaded "4 month wakeful" came early for us) This past week he has started to sleep through the night again, and I am a new person. See you later, "4 month wakeful!" I shall never wish to see you again. He's eating solids now, and has tried rice cereal, squash, bananas, sweet potatoes, pears, and sweet peas. He rolls from belly to back, and is SO close to rolling from back to belly. When he's on his belly, he is already simulating crawling by pushing up on his arms and kicking his legs out behind him--fast and furious, I might add--which leads me to believe that he will crawl much earlier than Brooke did. He's a strong boy, and a BIG boy! 26 1/4" tall and 19 lbs. 7 oz. at his last appointment--4 months and 1 week old. He coos and smiles and giggles constantly, and is just the happiest baby in the whole wide world.

Brooke is as energetic and crazy as ever, and her vocabularly is growing every day--she literally says at least one new word every single day. She's talking in sentences, which is so fun. (Mostly. Ha!) She'll officially be 2 1/2 tomorrow, which means she is only SIX months away from turning THREE. That, my friends, is impossible to believe. She has really enjoyed the snow we've gotten this winter. :) She loves playing in it, but sledding.. not so much. Next year I'd imagine she'll enjoy sledding more. She loves to color, adores all of her stuffed animals, (at last count, she now takes EIGHT seperate stuffed animals to bed with her) loves to dance, loves to tumble off the sofa, wrestle with Daddy, and enjoys making crafts with me. We just made a milk jug bird feeder yesterday. :) She is our little free spirit.

Ryan and I are doing just great. We celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary in December, and recently had our first romantic dinner date out in a long time. :) We're both so busy in two totally different ways, so we really treasure our time together at home at the end of the day. We are blessed.

Lastly, here are some recent pictures. :) Enjoy!
















11:59 AM

Comments:
I still follow here from Xanga!! I think I sent you a friend request on FB. It would be Allison Osborne Tomasek.

Your family is beautiful and I love hearing how great things are going for all four of you!!
 
Just wait this my little niece and nephew see what their aunt bought them at DISNEY WORLD!!!!

Brooke should be very pleased with what I got her too :) I was pretty pleased with it.
 
Glad to see you posting again!
 
Sweet Em! Always LOVE your posts :) Of course Im mostly up to date BUT I do love to read about the moments you love.

Love you babe!
 
I am glad too that we can keep up daily on Facebook, but it is still wonderful to read longer posts about your family life! All I can say is take lots of video and preserve it! We watch our video from five or six years ago and I think how could I have forgotten how little they were or the cute way they spoke, etc. Dont worry if everyone is in stained clothes or your house is messy. The kids won't care. They love seeing that time too because they can't remember it either. Some of our best movie nights are watching home video! Speaking of which I had better go get mine prepared because I have a baby girl turning 3 on Monday! Ahhh! ;) Blessings, Eva
 
So glad to see you back! (Even if only temporarily...)
If you want to post smaller posts.. photos, updates, etc, you really should check out tumblr.com - a microblogging platform... it's more like a scrapbook than a journal and super easy to use. :)
 
I am so glad to see an update. Your family is beautiful and your right to treasure those moments. May the Lord bless you. I hope to chat with you on facebook
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers