Tuesday, November 17, 2009

This is My Life ~

Well, I guess it's about time I updated, and introduced you to the newest member of our family. :) Pierson Ryan was born on October 8th, weighing 7 lbs 2 oz and measuring 20" even. I was induced again, but this time around was so much easier--7 1/2 hours of labor, and a mere 25 minutes pushing. The delivery and recovery was actually very easy this time around. He had some complications when he was first born; he has swallowed a bit of blood during delivery, and had his stomach suctioned out as a result. He also had a bit of jaundice, so I had to cart him off to the hospital to have his blood drawn a couple of times afterward. But, he's been perfectly fine ever since!

~ Pierson Ryan ~



Pierson shortly after he was born :)


We're home!


Pierson snoozing on Grandmom~


3 days old :)


Me & my TWO kiddos~


Big sister Brooke holding her brother for the first time :)


She adores him!


What I love most..snuggling!


~ Halloween ~



Brooke was a ladybug!


She had so much fun trick-or-treating :)


All worn out ~


Not to be left out, me and my little bear!


~ Pierson's 3 Week Portraits ~


A wonderful new friend of mine, who I met through Freecycle, offered to take Pierson's newborn pictures. She's trying to build up her portfolio to do photography professionally, and offered to take pictures of Pierson for free! We took them at her house, and I am so thrilled with how they turned out. :)



Our pumpkin baby~







My favorite!


This one's going up in Pierson's nursery! :)


~ In Other News... ~


Now, Pierson is over a month old! Having two kids has been challenging, namely the exhaustion that comes with very little sleep during the night, but it gets easier every day. Now that he's not a NEW newborn, Pierson has actually been a very good sleeper, aside from when he's going through growth spurts, and he's mercifully been giving me quite a bit of sleep recently. :) He's a pretty calm, easygoing baby. He's a strong little guy; he was holding his head up pretty well from the time he was born, surprisingly. Our nurse thought that was crazy! He's a great eater, but he spits up quite a bit. He takes a pacifier, and a bottle--two things that Brooke never took that I wished she would. :) He's a studier like Brooke was--loves watching ceiling fans, and look at windows and art on the wall--and is already following me with his eyes when I walk across the room. He smiled at me for the first time at 3 weeks, and I've gotten a couple smiles since then, but nothing consistent yet. :) And he's a great snuggler! He's a really sweet baby.

My brother is getting married! They're actually having a very short engagement, and will be getting married on December 5th. I'm really excited, because Joanie is just wonderful, and I've never seen Daniel so happy. We just celebrated Joanie's bridal shower on Saturday, and the wedding is less than 3 weeks away!


Celebrating the bride-to-be!


Well, I'm sure there's a lot more I could talk about, but that's about all I have time for. :) I really AM on Facebook daily, (a lot quicker to jot down a thought or two, and quickly upload a picture--way quicker than getting on here!) so feel free to e-mail me to have me add you as a friend there. :) Hope you're all doing well!


9:33 AM

Comments:
So glad you're back!!! Pierson is an absolute cutie!! Congrats. :)
 
So glad your back!!! He is just sooo adorable!!!

add me on Facebook =)

Brandi Harris
 
Congrats! He sure looks so cute! I love his name. Glad all is going well. God Bless
 
Congratulations on your little man! He looks a lot like your husband (at least that's what I think :) ) and your little Brooke looks SO grown up besides her baby brother. I'm glad everything is going well and thanks for posting - I was really looking forward to seeing and hearing all about Pierson!
 
Congratulations!! He is absolutely adorable! How sweet!

I sent you an e-mail a while ago. Did you get it? I'm also on Facebook. Please add me when you get a chance.:)
 
Oh my gosh Gwen's pictures are BEAUTIFUL! I really wish we'd been able to do something like that with Nathan. Oh well, maybe the next kid =)

That's funny that your nurse commented on Pierson's head control. Our nurse said the same about Nathan. The day after he was born she set him on his tummy and he had his little head up and was looking around. What strong boys!
 
Congrats he is adorable I am so happy for you both, Have a great coming up Christmas and anniversary soon. Your family is so precious
 
I love him SO much! AND YOU, of course :)

Check out my newest blog: http://amandalaura.blogspot.com/2010/01/project-365-blogger-awards.html

:)
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers