Friday, August 07, 2009

The Longest Update Ever ~

Good news: I'm here, and I'm doing great! I took a little unannounced blogging hiatus--unannounced mainly because I didn't mean to, really, it just turned into one. :) We've had lots going on, but I never really felt the need to write about it. Go figure. Me? Not want to write? I know, crazy but true. (though, I will add that I've been around more on Facebook. If you'd like to friend me there, just e-mail me :)

Yet somehow, here we are, in August. While everyone I know seems to be mourning the near end of summer, I'm actually rather excited about it. You know, I LOVE summer... but being big, and pregnant, there aren't as many summer things I look forward to. Heck, I'm hot when I'm indoors, nevermind being out! Thankfully, this past week or so not included, the summer has been pretty mild, and for that, my big, pregnant self is thankful. :) And the cooling bills aren't as outrageous. Hurray!

So, in order to get ya'll back up to speed, I think I'll need to break up this update into sections.

~ Brooke ~

Our sweet Brooke turns TWO this month! We'll be having a little party for her at our house, but will only be inviting our immediate families to save me some work and stress. (both sets of parents, siblings, and soon-to-be sister-in-law. That's right, my brother is engaged!) I'll be making the cake this year, and, while the party will be smaller than last year, we'll be making a big to-do over it for her. :) I made some super-cute invitations, too.

Brooke is still growing fast, and doing new things all the time. Her new obsession is talking on the phone... if you're on the phone, watch out. Brooke will want to take over! :) Being just about 2, we've definitely noticed her wanting to assert her own opinions more often. I don't mind her having opinions on things, but if she's rude or mean about it, she gets reprimanded. There's never a justification for that! (I'm very concerned with making sure she's respectful and obedient. Better to learn now than later!) Then there are times when her opinion, while noted, matters very little--mainly when it has to do with her nap, or bedtime! :) She will try to do anything in her power to avoid the inevitable, which is cute, but we have to be firm there. But when it comes to things like: what would you like to wear, or which book should we read next, or what should we play with now--it's really neat to see her have a strong opinion on the matter. :)

She's growing up so fast! While she has become more independent, she's still our little sweetheart who loves to give you hugs for no reason, and kisses if you ask for one. She loves reading books with me before bed, and then having Daddy come upstairs to tuck her in. There are times when Ryan and I just look at each other, and ask, "When did she get so big?"


Bathing beauty :) She LOVES being in her pool!!


Talking to me on my way to come get her after work :)


~ Baby Boy ~

I'm officially entering my 8th month next week. To say the time has flown by is a total understatement. I actually had a minor freak out a couple of weeks ago about not having done ANYTHING with his nursery. Even though I realistically still have a ways to go, I also know that the closer I get to my due date, the less energy I'll have for doing these things. :) So, we bit the bullet, and ordered his crib! Brooke's crib is convertible into a toddler bed, and later a full bed, so we didn't want to just give him hers. We bought the Storkcraft Rochester, and got an awesome deal. It would've been way more if we just went and bought it at Babies 'R' Us. Ya'll know I don't like paying retail for anything. :)

He does have a name, but Ryan would like to keep it a secret until he's born, so, a secret it shall be. We HAD decided on a name before... but one day I heard of a name that I'd literally never heard of before, and just couldn't shake it. So, I told Ryan, "I don't want to rock the boat, but.. I heard this name. What do you think of it?" It took a while to finally, officially decide on it, but we decided on the new name. :) I LOVE it.. total understatement again, but I am seriously in love with his name. So, there you go.

I'll be painting his nursery this coming week--we already have the paint. :) Ryan will be on a business trip all of next week, (ugh!) so I figured it's something to keep me busy! This baby is pretty active--not as active as Brooke, (she was a total lunatic in utero :)) but he feels.. stronger. That may sound funny, but I never remember wincing when Brooke would kick! It's exciting to know he's getting big, and plumping up, and getting ready to make his debut. We're pretty excited and getting anxious to meet him! :)

~ Our House ~

Well, I promised pictures! If you're on my Facebook, you've already seen these, but here they are. :) We did finish painting our kitchen!! But, I haven't taken pictures of it yet. Anyway, here are the pics, starting from the outside, and working our way up the levels.


Our townhouse ~


The flower bed we worked so hard on--the former gravel pit!
What look like mounds of grass are orange day lilies from Freecycle :)


Foyer / Half bath ~


Office / Workout area on the first level ~
Still messy, but we'll get there!


Other side of first level, the playroom ~
Also where the baby's gear is sitting until we need them!


Laundry area and back door, first level ~


Back patio and yard--needs some work :)


Living room, 2nd level~


Other side of living room ~


Another view of the living room ~
Kitchen area and sitting room are in the back left -- pics soon!


Coming up the stairs to the 3rd level ~


Looking down on stairway ~


Brooke's room :)


Brooke/Baby boy's bathroom ~


Master bathroom ~


Vanity area with 2 sinks!!

Obviously, I'll have more pictures to share as we make more progress. :)

Whew. I think you all are officially caught up now. :) I'll do my best to not be such a stranger now! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. :)


7:52 AM

Comments:
I had been wondering where you'd been! I'm glad to hear that everything is going well for you guys. Your new place look adorable. You always decorate so nicely :) My pregnancy has flown by as well...Only 5 1/2 weeks until my due date! Crazy. Good luck with your nursery!
 
Welcome back! I did see the townhouse pictures on Facebook but I thought I'd comment here that I think it is adorable! Krista is correct, you decorate so nicely =)

I can't believe how quickly our pregnancies have all flown by either. It really doesn't seem like it has been 9 months for me or 8 months for you guys! I'm feeling good still, just getting a little impatient to meet my son! I keep reading much too far into every weird ache I get...a "could this be it?" type of thing. Of course it never is ;)

Hope you guys have a wonderful party for Brooke! I can't believe she's 2 already!
 
So good to hear from you. Your new house looks great and there's lots of room for Brooke and baby to move around.

I can't believe you're already going into your 8th month. Time flies!
 
I'm on a blog vacation myself. :) The place looks adorable!
 
Wow, you really have a knack for decorating! It looks beautiful! Glad to have you writing again! You were greatly missed!:)
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers