Wednesday, July 08, 2009

4th & Such ~

Well, we had a fabulous 4th of July, and, really, a fabulous long weekend. We got a lot done around the house, which also felt wonderful. We're feeling more and more settled in with each day. :) We love our place.. LOVE IT! I feel like that's an understatement.

We still don't have our sofas in our living room.. but that's another story.

So, we had absolutely gorgeous weather for the 4th. To kick off the festivities, we went to the 4th of July parade in town, our second year in a row, which was so fun.


Brooke & Daddy ~


Brooke & Lucy--a super-sweet parade neighbor ~


Brooke & Mommy.. and baby boy!


Getting a better view :)

Later in the day, we had a delicious cookout at my parents' house, and of course concluded the evening with FIREWORKS. :) We couldn't go last year due to rain, but we had perfect weather this year. We spread out our blanket, and waited for them to start. Brooke LOVED them--so much, in fact, that she was rather disappointed when they ended, and was trying to figure out why they stopped. :) We told her there will be more.. next year, that is. :) She was completely enthralled with them, and wasn't scared of them at all.

Brooke was also able to enjoy her pool on our deck... granted, these pictures were taken BEFORE Ryan powerwashed the deck, and let me tell you, it's like a brand new deck now! :) As you can see, it was all gray and black in places... so dirty, and pretty neglected looking. But I digress.


She decided it'd be a wonderful idea to dump water on Mommy's feet :)


Admiring her work..


Pretty soon, my loung chair was literally a pool in itself :)


Mischevious. So proud of herself!


All those toys, and all she wants is my kitchen spoon ~

In other news, I've just started thinking about Brooke's birthday party... really, it's only a little over a month away! This year we're just going to have it at our place, since it's bigger and can hold more people than our last place. :) (But that also means we need to get to work and get our kitchen painted!) So, I've got a bit of planning to do for that. I cannot believe she is nearly TWO. I'm in a bit of denial, I think. ;-)

I do have a few house pictures to share, but this post is getting long enough! So, look for those soon. :) I'm just taking pictures room by room as we get everything settled.. it's a process. :)

Hope you all are doing great!


11:48 AM

Comments:
Looks like fun weekend!
 
Hi! I have kept up with your blog off and on for awhile now...Anyway, I have really enjoyed reading it!
 
Haven't heard from you in awhile, hope everything is going well!
 
Hope it's just a wonderful summer that's keeping you busy. Just wanted to check in, since we haven't heard from you in awhile and I always enjoy your posts.
 
Hi Emily! I hope that everything has been going well. I hope that you haven't been having the weeks that I have been having lately. I definitely do not want to get into it on the comment board, but the last 2 weeks have been really trying for me and I couldn't bring myself to write about it. I hope that you are just very busy having fun and hanging out with your family.:) Can't wait to hear from you again!
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers