Monday, May 11, 2009

The Weekend of Emily ~

The Seinfeld episode about "The Summer of George" was all I could think about when titling my entry for the day. :) (If you figured that out before I mentioned it, I'm impressed.) Needless to say, this weekend was WONDERFUL! I was able to thoroughly enjoy my husband doting on me, and really, who wouldn't love that? I've also got a wonderful family, and great friends.. I really do.

Friday after work, I picked Brooke up and we headed off to Kohl's--my wonderful boss had given me a gift card! On the way home, I talked with my Mom, who gave me the heads up that... they were taking us out for a surprise birthday dinner! I had about an hour's notice to get myself and Brooke prettied up before Ryan got home, and we met up at the restaurant with my parents, my brother and his girlfriend, Joanie. (who shares the same birthday as mine!) Ryan had made the reservations, and they gave us a private room, which was so very nice! And the meal... oh my gosh, lets just say, it was the best I've had there, ever, and they're always great!


My hubby & I at dinner ~


Miss Brooke!


Brooke and her Granddad ~

After we left the restaurant, we came over to my parents' house to open gifts, where I was given a $20 gift card to Victoria's Secret from Joanie, $25 to Blockbuster from my brother, as well as a $50 gift card to Outback, and an AMAZING sheet set, both from my parents. I felt pretty spoiled! I washed the sheets the next day, and literally felt like I was sleeping in a luxury hotel bed!


Joanie & I with our birthday cupcakes!


Laughing at my card which basically said how old I am ;-)


Feeding Brooke my cupcake ~


Almost everyone, minus Daniel and Dad ~

Saturday they were calling for scattered thunderstorms, but we headed off to the National Zoo anyway. We arrived when they opened, and were able to see everything we wanted to without much of a crowd at all, or a single rain drop. It was even sunny! By the time we were heading back home, the rain started, so we really had good timing. :) While on the way home, I mentioned that I would love some really great BBQ chicken, but had no idea where to actually get really great BBQ chicken. So, Ryan called a friend of his who had a great recommendation, and we brought home Carolina Brothers Pit BBQ for lunch. True to his word, it was AMAZING! Here are our pictures from the Zoo~


At the Zoo! First stop, the lions ~


We called him Alex ~


Red Panda! I love these little guys..


Brooke was a good sport, in spite of her lack of a morning nap!


Checking out the elephant ~


Figures, I got GREAT video footage of this panda..
As soon as I grabbed my camera, he turned around!


Zebras!


Brooke & Daddy watching the sea lion trainers ~


Demonstrating how they train the sea lions ~


One particularly photogenic seal ~

While Brooke napped after we got home, I also napped, which was so needed. The Zoo is comprised of 8-10 miles of trails, and is mostly on a hill, so I was tuckered out. Brooke hadn't had her morning nap, so she slept a long time as well. I woke up to Ryan coming in the room with Brooke, and Brooke handing me my birthday card! (as well as a hand-written certificate for a certain amount to go towards some new maternity clothes!)

I ran out a little later to grab a movie from Blockbuster, and pick up a couple small frozen pizzas. (California Pizza Kitchen!) Short story, we had a minor Pizza Catastrophe after Ryan tried to take his pizza out of the oven, and burned his hand, as we both watched his pizza flip over, face down into the oven. Smoke, a pepperoni burning smell, and 30 minutes of two fans going and the windows open later, we were able to relax with our dinner. Once Brooke was tucked away into bed that night, we nestled down to watch a movie, Seven Pounds, which I absolutely would not recommend, but still was glad I was able to watch a movie! (wouldn't be Ryan's first choice, but it was my day :)) Very long story summed up: A GREAT DAY.

Sunday was Mother's Day, and I specifically told Ryan I didn't need any gifts. I'd just had a birthday, and really, I just wanted to know I was appreciated, which does not require gifts! He got me a card, which Brooke was able to draw on, (awww) and told me that he would be changing all of Brooke's dirty diapers that day! (and he did!) It's a pretty big deal for the man who very rarely changes diapers without expecting some sort of accolades, and I was impressed and thankful.

We had lunch at my parents' house, relaxed outside in the sun, and just enjoyed the special day. I am so very blessed!


Ready for lunch!


18 1/2 week belly ~

Okay, so while that dress (non-maternity, Victoria's Secret) is extremely comfortable, it's not very flattering.. in fact, it's rather shapeless, so it makes me look much bigger than I am. Whatever, it's all I've got!

Aaaaaaand, my friends.......... only THREE MORE DAYS till we find out whether it's a baby girl or boy hiding in there... Stay tuned.


9:57 AM

Comments:
Happy belated birthday and Mother's day... glad you had fun!
 
Happy Birthday & Mommy's Day! Krista finds out whether hers is a girl or boy on Wednesday. This is an eventful week for xanga pregnancies! I am calling Boy for you and Girl for Krista.

Can't wait!
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers