A BIG thank you to everyone who congratulated us on our little boy! :) We really, really appreciate all of the wonderful notes. I know I've taken my sweet time uploading ultrasound pictures, but I finally have a few to share! Unlike with Brooke, our tech mainly only gave us profile pictures of our little man. He had his hands up by his face for the majority of the time, and was trying to move away from the ultrasound wand. :) We saw his precious little feet, which I jokingly said were "huge." (I was only kidding, but the technician measured them, and she told us that they were a whopping inch long. ;-)) We did get to see him in 3-D, which was amazing! Due to my anterior placenta, though, we could really only see half of his face and body, sometimes a little more, because he was essentially hiding behind the placenta. :) She didn't print off any of the 3-D pics, but I assure you, he's such a cutie! He'll start putting on some baby fat soon, too, and will look even more adorable. It was really special to get that little glimpse, though.
Baby boy's profile ~
"The proof"--clearly a little boy ~
Profile, upper body, arm :) Exciting stuff!
It's still pretty surreal that we're having a boy. Hearing Ryan tell everyone he's having a son is just an amazing thing. We haven't gotten over the shock of it yet. :) We're still amazed! We're still completely unsure about a name... Ryan's taking it very seriously, because, in his words, "this may be our only son!" So, he wants us to take our time and pick with extreme caution! :) I have no idea if we're keeping the name a secret till birth this time, or not.
I have to say, my husband is pretty amazing. The other night, he brought home flowers for me.. just because. :) That's a pretty big deal for him! Of course, in addition to the news of our son, we've also had some other news to be thanking God for...
RYAN WAS OFFERED (and accepted) A NEW JOB!!!!!!
I haven't been at liberty to write anything about it until now, but we've honestly been searching job listings for him since AUGUST. Thankfully he has had a job through all of this, but it has not been providing nearly enough for us, and the company has left plenty to be desired. His new job, also in sales, (but a completely different market) offers incredible benefits, extensive training, monthly auto allowance, unlimited company cell phone that he can also use personally, and a company laptop, amongst other things. The interview process took 2 long months and 4 interviews, but ultimately turned out to be well worth the effort. The list goes on and on as to why this is such an answer to prayer, but it is just that: an enormous answer to prayers we've (us, along with our families and close friends) been praying for nearly a year now. We don't always know when God will answer, or how He will answer, but He has taught us to rely on Him so much more over this time, and has been with us all the way while we waited. We entrusted Him with our worries and fears, and He has taken care of us through it all. We are just so incredibly thankful for His provision!
In addition to that excitement, (wait! there's more!) I'll be leaving tomorrow for my 1st Annual Girls' Trip! It's not a long drive to PA for me, but once there I'll be meeting up with Becky, Megan, Amanda, and Tiffany, where we'll all be together in the same place (Megan's) for the very first time! We've all known each other online for, what, 5 years? But I've only met Becky and Megan so far--Tiffany will be flying from Georgia, and Amanda will be flying in from Texas! We're all ecstatic to finally be together in one place! :) We've shared so much with each other over the years--weddings, babies, relationships, and all of the everyday things--so it'll be amazing to be together. I'll leave tomorrow after work, and will be returning home sometime Sunday. :) You can be sure I'll have plenty of pics when I return!
Hope you all are doing well, and enjoy the rest of your week and weekend! :)
He's a cutie alright! :) Congrats on baby boy AND on the job! I completely understand about praying and waiting to see when and how God will answer. It's so amazing to see how He provides! :)
What a blessing that God answered your prayers in such an amazing way... seems like great timing with baby boy coming along! Congrats to Ryan on the new job!
He's adorable:) Congratulations on both the little boy and the new job for your husband- what wonder gifts from above. I don't know if you have gone through your xanga subscriptions lately but just in case you haven't, Brian and I are expecting our little one in November:)
HI! Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog! Congrats on it being a boy! To answer your question on my blog: I bought some True Religion denim capris. I decided to go with something better-suited to warm weather than jeans. I luckily got them on sale but they were still expensive!