Ryan starts his new job on Monday! We're ecstatic about that. :)
Townhouse hunting: We're searching for a place to live.. have toured 3 places so far, and will see 3 tonight. Kinda stressful, but I'm ready to move.
Move-out date is June 27th.
Brooke is now 21 months, and is truly fascinating. She's very independent, but super cuddly, lives for being outdoors or playing in the water, (both? even better!) and is absolutely hilarious when she'll repeat a word you just said. She does that a lot. She'll point to my belly when we ask where the baby is, (and usually wants to lift up my shirt to point to my belly button.) and FINALLY will smile and nod at us when we ask if she's going to have a baby brother. She was in denial for a while. :) Though, she took to the term "big sister" immediately.
Baby boy is moving around a LOT, so much so that I now believe he's rivaling his big sister in the 'in utero activity' department. Clearly the anterior placenta factor is no longer a hindrance, as I feel him whenever he's awake.
Name? Baby boy is currently still nameless. Feel free to offer suggestions. :) Really. I suggested a new one, which Ryan says tops his list, but he won't fully commit yet. :) He says we have 'a lot of time'... *sigh*
Clothes for baby boys, I'm discovering, aren't exactly as squeal-worthy as baby girl clothes. Is it just me? There are some cute things, but what can I say, I love pink. I love "girlie." Trying to embrace the boyness of them.
Money: Given we will have moving expenses next month anyway, (and we've been paying things off while I've been pregnant) I haven't bought a single thing for our child yet. Is that bad? Besides, we'd have to MOVE whatever I buy. :) I guess we're good.
Bedding: I found crib bedding I like, but... refer to the above bullet. :) I will say, I like the idea of a nautical themed nursery...
Birthday: Ryan's birthday is Saturday! He still hasn't really told me what he wants to do during the day, but I do know at least that we'll be going out for dinner, (hooray for gift cards!) and I'll be making a special surprise as well. Hopefully that turns out.. I've never made it before!
Congrats on the new job and of course the baby! Boy clothes are def not as much fun! I have 2 boys and it is fun to dress them like little men but there is only so much fun stuff you can do...As far as names go my sons names are Jalen Douglas and Mason Gerrit so of course I love those names! But others I like are Chase, Ronan, Caden or Cade, Lane, Grayson, Jason or Jase, Joshua, Cody, Camden, Crew, Topher...Ronney and I could only agree on one girls name which we never had the opportunity to use and even the boys names took a lot of back and forth! Boys are tons of fun though and they looooove their Mommy's! You're gonna love it!
Aw see, I LOVE little boy clothes. I'm not they type who loves pink frilly things so I was actually a bit worried to have a girl! I always go straight for the little boy clothes.
As for names, I LOVE the name Caleb, but since that is my hubby's name, we obviously wont be using it. I also like Josiah too, but Caleb hates it.
I guess it depends on how popular you want. We're going w/ a classic that is well known but not incredibly popular: Nathaniel.
I love little boy clothes as well. But it seems to me they always have more little girl stuff in a clothing store than boys stuff. But there is always the neutral side of things, lots of green and yellow are still ok for a boy. We have lots of that and it works well. My baby was such a 'pretty' baby at birth that people even now at 9 weeks old look at him and think he is girl even when dressed in blue...go figure. As far as names go, my baby boy's name is Michael Henry and I love the name James. If we ever have another boy, I would love to use James in the name.