We had a gorgeous, memorable Easter this year! Thankfully we were given a really nice day; the weather was beautiful and sunny. (unlike the day before where we had over an inch of rain!) Saturday was a busy one for me, and I'd left myself WAY too much to do in one day. Shopping, errands, cooking as usual, baking, preparing, finger and toe nail painting, with just enough time to crash at 7:00 to watch the Ten Commandments. I did make my bunny cake this year, my longstanding tradition, and Brooke had a little Easter basket to wake up to Sunday morning! We got her a pair of bunny ears, a little stuffed bunny, (a gift to her from my boss) a stuffed baby chick in a zip-up egg, (her favorite thing!) and a little wind-up hopping bunny. The Springtime Max & Ruby DVD was from my parents, along with a little baby chick that chirps when set in the palm of your hand. (very cute! but not in the picture) As for the chocolate rabbit.. well, that was the one thing for me. :) I got Ryan some pastel Reese's Pieces, so he wasn't left out.
Bunny cake!
Proof that she wore a hair clip for all of 10 minutes before pulling it out!
Sunday morning was absolutely beautiful. The early service at church was moved up to 8:30, with a reception following afterwards, so we were out of the house pretty early. I did find out that a couple of our friends from church are expecting again! We were due date twins when I was pregnant with Brooke--she actually delivered her son first--and now she's due again in November! :) It's so fun to have friends to share it with. After the reception, we came outside and took advantage of the weather by taking some pictures!
Brooke & Mommy ~
Ryan wanted one of just me ~ you can see I'm showing, too ~
Pretty little girl ~
Smelling the flowers - one of her new favorite things!
Love this ~
Family picture! In matching pink :) Easter '09
Having a Mommy attack... Awwwww...
Do you think he'll kill me for posting this? :) LOVE IT! We both tried on the ears to get Brooke interested in them!
Finally, reluctantly wearing the bunny ears :) After this, she didn't want to take them off!
Well, hope you all had a wonderful Easter, and Happy Monday to you all!
Glad your Easter was great! We had pretty good weather here too this year, but it was pretty uneventful other than church. We did go have dinner w/ my friend's family, but I can't wait until next year when we have a baby! I think it'll make the holidays a lot more eventful!