Happy Spring! And Happy Friday! Ah, your best laid plans... I had every intention of updating before today, but I'm sure no one is surprised that it didn't happen. ;-) It's been a busy week, but it went by quickly at least. I'm very happy the weekend is here!
11 weeks today! According to my ticker, baby is measuring roughly 2 inches crown to rump, can now swallow, and his or her tooth buds are beginning to form. :) Isn't it amazing? And yet I feel much further along. (aka - huge) My uterus has moved up out of my pelvis already, and I can see a little baby bump when I lay down. :) I'm amazed and blessed, but goodness, I didn't expect it so quickly, especially after not showing until rather late with Brooke.
I had desperately been wanting to go to Red Lobster to fulfill a seafood craving, (didn't help to see their endless commercials!) and thankfully my Mom invited Brooke and I out for lunch there yesterday! I'm so glad that Brooke has had a lot of exposure to restaurants, even early on, (I'm pretty sure we took her out around a month or so) because she is always well behaved when we're there. We've even been told by other parents how well behaved she is! She entertains herself pretty easily, and enjoys feeding herself. Meanwhile, at an adjacent table, a little girl not much older than Brooke was having a total meltdown. Who knows, maybe she missed a nap. :) All I know is that it was way more pleasant at our table.
That's not to say that Brooke has never had a tantrum! I don't think she has ever had one in public, though. Actually, last night Brooke had her very first time-out. I'm not a huge fan of time-out if it's not done right, (like a child being sent to their room--what? So they can play with their toys?) but it was amazingly effective with Brooke last night. I sat her where we could see her, but completely away from the action, which she wasn't happy about. She was able to sit there and calm down for that whole 1.5 minutes, (I heard one minute for each year) and was an ANGEL after I got her. I know different situations call for different forms of discipline, but I'm happy that it was effective.
So, I actually have a couple of pictures today! Taking pictures of/with a child, you know, doesn't always come out as perfection. In fact, I can generally snap 30+ pictures to get one or two good shots! :) But sometimes the outtakes are the most fun. Here we are at lunch yesterday!
She was enthralled with the wooden fish! "Ish" as she called them ~
The best one of the bunch--you know, far from perfection, but hey, we're happy :)
I'll have more after this weekend. It never ceases to amaze me how big she's getting! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. :)
So glad you are feeling well! You both look so happy!
RL - YUM!! For the first time in 14years the drive to the closest RL is only 10 minutes (previously 45 min)! Time flying as it does now, Mother's Day will be here soon!