So, not only was yesterday heartbeat day, (had my 2nd scheduled appointment) it also turned out to be surprise ultrasound day! My doctor's office was extremely busy, and I ended up waiting 40 minutes in my room before I saw my Dr. (She had just come from 2 deliveries!) She tried the doppler for all of about 15 seconds, without success, before saying, "Well, how about I sneak you in for a quick ultrasound?" Of course, I wasn't about to object. :) Baby immediately came up on the screen looking much bigger, with the little heart just beating away, 163 bpm. Then the baby kicked his/her little foot out, and rolled over! I think we may have interrupted a nap. ;-) Pretty amazing, and I was very happy to receive that little surprise!
I'm pretty sure that I'm losing my mind. I thought for certain that I had talked about how into music Brooke is, but after looking through my recent posts, I don't see anything about it! Am I crazy or what?
My girl, though, is very much into music, just like her mama. She has taken to wanting to listen to music in the car, and dances about as much as she can while in a car seat. :) She has started to move her head to the rhythm and cluck her tongue, as she can't snap her fingers. ;-) At home, she dances to any music she hears, whether it be on a favorite show, a CMT music video, or even a random commercial! Her dance moves were confined to one move that I called the "diaper dip," but she's expanded her repertoire, and also does a sort of marching move, the "shoulder shake" and some sort of hula. The girl loves to dance! As a former dance minor, with a vocal scholarship in college, we don't really have to wonder where gets her total love affair with music from. ;-)
It makes me happy that Brooke really enjoys music. Music is deeply rooted in my bones, and it's always been a major influence in my life. From singing it, to writing it, to just listening to it, music moves me in a way that nothing else does. If I wrote out a list of songs that move me, it would be endless, and span many genres. Compare that with my husband, who honestly can't really tell you what music he even really enjoys, and you'll see why I'm overjoyed that Brooke loves it, too. :) It's just not Ryan's thing, and I understand that, but I'm glad it's something that Brooke and I will be able to share. We both come from families with a love for music, (even if it didn't really "catch" with Ryan!) and I definitely intend to bring up our children with it as well.
I got a hair cut! It had been many months since I last got my hair cut, and it was showing. I was looking scraggly! So, I got about 3 inches lopped off, and I feel so much lighter. Compare with those pictures from Red Lobster! I know it's by no means "short," as I love having long hair, but it's considerably shorter.. for me. :)
I have absolutely NO idea what we are doing this weekend! It's forecasted to rain all weekend, so I guess we'll be confined to indoor activities. The opening ceremony for the Cherry Blossoms in DC is this weekend, but that will not be fun for whoever decides to go. Actually, if it rains TOO much this weekend through next week, the blossoms could be gone entirely before the predicted peak bloom between April 1st and 4th. THAT would be extremely sad, as we were hoping to go see them this year! So, we'll just see what happens. :) We were able to enjoy the cherry blossoms in our very own neighborhood last year, so we won't miss them entirely. Wow, looking at those pictures, it's hard to remember Brooke ever being that little! Wow, was she cute. Such a sweetheart. I adored her baby days. :) I'm really enjoying the stage she's in now, and she's so much fun and full of personality, but that time was so precious, and dear to my heart.
We have a road trip planned to see the cherry blossoms this coming weekend too! I would also be VERY sad if the weather was bad for it or if the rain washed them away. :(