Tuesday, March 03, 2009

March Miracle ~

Thank you guys so much for the congratulations and support! I appreciated it so, so much. It was also really neat to hear from some of you that have never commented before. :) Don't be a stranger! We are beyond thrilled to be expecting again, and so excited that everyone knows now. :)

I've honestly been feeling pretty good, and this pregnancy has been different than the last. Around 9 weeks last time, I was in the miserable throes of morning sickness, wondering when I'd EVER feel better. This time, I've been feeling okay for the most part, just a little queasy off and on, especially over the past week. I've had definite food aversions--what may have sounded great yesterday sounds completely horrid today. The hardest part, though, is the EXHAUSTION. And the fact that I already feel fat. :) I'm trying to eat healthily, and I'd LOVE to work out more, but that would require a little bit more energy than I currently have. :) It's all I can do to NOT fall asleep during the day right now.

So, in other news, recently I had been saying how I would just love one big snowstorm before winter came to an end. We really didn't get much snow this winter at all. (really, just a little one with 2-3 inches, but with sleet on top!) Being the snow lover that I am, I would feel completely satisfied if we just got ONE snowstorm with a decent amount of snow. (which is funny, really, because what is the likelihood of getting snow in MARCH?) Well, as it turns out, I got my wish! :)

Yesterday morning we woke up to find a good 5 inches of snow on the ground, with lots of snow still falling! It was so beautiful, and became even more enjoyable when I found out I had the day off, and could enjoy it from home. We ended up with over 6 inches of the beautiful, white stuff--the largest snowfall in our area for the month of March since '99--ten years ago! Ryan's office had a delayed opening of 9 AM, so we took advantage of the time we had together, and went out to play in the snow! It was still snowing at this point.


Venturing out into the snow!


Getting some help from her Daddy ~


Snow bunny ~


Miss independent ~


Walking with Mommy ~


If pictures could talk, this one would say, "Brrrrr!"

After our little adventure out into the snow, we stayed nice and warm and cozy indoors, and had the best day together. It was too windy to go back out. I so enjoyed spending my entire day with our daughter! I'm thankful that I only have to be away from her for half the day during the week, but being able to spend our entire day together? Now that's the life! She is so sweet, and feisty, and hilarious, all wrapped up in a little, adorable body. We are so blessed that she's ours. :)

She's so funny when it comes to talking about the new baby. I know she doesn't completely get it, and still may not even once the baby is here, but we're trying to get her used to the idea. :) I'll ask her, "is Mommy going to have a baby?" and she'll usually grin at me, and shake her head, "no." Then I'll ask whether she wants a baby sister or a baby brother, and her preference usually changes from day to day. :) Once she shook her head "yes," to both, and I told her, "well, we'll need to tell your Daddy!" She's so funny. I know she's going to be a great big sister, but sometimes it's hard to imagine how another one could be as wonderful as she is. :) I'm sure that's crazy! After Ryan got home, (early!) we were watching her play with her toys, and I was just imagining what it's going to be like having two little kids running around, and playing with each other. It's amazing! I'm so excited for that.

Anyway, here are a few more pictures that I took yesterday during our Snow Day. :)


This is my girl--total love bug ~


I'm pretty sure this is my favorite picture, ever ~


Looking out at the snow~

Hope you all are doing great!


10:58 AM

Comments:
Yay for snow days:) I love them! I'm so glad you got to stay home and enjoy the day with Brooke. Great pictures, especially that last one- so precious.

Don't worry about working out more right now, just take it easy and relax as much as you can, while you can!

HUgs,
Liz
 
Oh you can have all the snow you want, honey! Any we get, I'll be sure to send it your way! I'm a spring/summer girl! I'm glad you got your wish though!

I totally know what you mean about the exhaustion! I'm finally getting to the point where I'm getting some energy back, but I still don't know if I'm ready to work out all that much! So how many weeks are you now? I will be 13 on Thursday.
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers