Brooke will be 18 months old on Wednesday. One and a half. When she was a newborn, I could only think about how time was bound to fly by, and how she'd be a year old before we knew it. I knew I needed to treasure each moment, each "new thing," and every change. Now, she'll be TWO before we know it.
It's been a while since I've done a real Brooke update, so I figure today is as good as any. :) Physically, she's getting a lot taller, is still pretty slender, and her hair is growing longer and thicker. I can't wait for the day when I can finally put in pigtails! As it is, she could use some hair clips, but I've had a difficult time finding any. (aside from at Gymboree, which just seems too expensive just for hair clips!) When I was her age, I'd never leave clips in longer than a few seconds anyway, and I could see Brooke doing the same thing. :) She still has her blue eyes, and hair that is lighter than mine was at her age. She does look a lot like her mama.
She loves to dance, and will dance to music on TV, on the radio, and even to my singing. :) She is getting increasingly more independent, and is a very good helper. She likes to organize things, and loves to put things in the trash for us. While we had the sofa cushions on the floor for playtime, she picked a tiny crumb off of the sofa without prompting, and proceeded to go put it in the trash can! She will get things for us if we ask, and is fairly obedient. She has needed discipline and boundaries, as every child does at this age, and though she's strong willed, she loves for us to be pleased with her. She gives hugs and kisses, and loves to cuddle... when she's not on the move, of course. She's very sweet, and loves her stuffed animals, and our hamster, Copper. She has known basic body parts for months now, (head, tummy, legs, eyes, ears, etc) but even knows where her fingernails, toes, and teeth are. She is saying more words more consistently now. Until now she's mostly been what I call a 'novelty talker'--conquering a new word, and moving on to the the next, never to say it again! She's a great sleeper. I repeat, she's a great sleeper. She's still holding strong at 16 teeth, which she has had for at least a couple of months now. Those final molars will come in eventually. She loves the playground, and loves to run. She gets excited when she sees animals on TV, and is unafraid of any that she sees in person. She's wary of strangers, but fascinated with other little children and babies. She's such a joy!
Here are some pictures of her that I took yesterday. Enjoy!
Brooke in her pretty dress after church yesterday ~
To get her to smile, I started singing the Miffy and Friends song, and she proceeded to grab her stuffed bunny that her cousin Stephanie made her! It DOES look an awful lot like Miffy, so we call the bunny Miffy now. :)