Well, we finally woke up to see some snow on the ground this morning! It's just a dusting, not even enough to cover the grass, but I'm ecstatic, people. I suppose that I'm easily pleased. :)
I told Brooke "it snowed!" when I got her out of bed this morning, and though I'm sure she had no idea what on earth I was talking about, she was excited because I was excited! And, well, after she saw it, she was so excited about the snow! I'm sure our excitement may have rubbed off on her just a bit. :) She has never played in the snow before, since she was too little last year, so when we came outside this morning, Ryan let her play with the snow~
Like I said, it wasn't a lot, but it was enough to make us happy for a little while longer! I can't wait until we actually get enough for her to really play in. Who else got snow?? Anyone else actually excited about it? :)
I mentioned the other day how much Brooke is loving her books again. Well, I first saw this precious book while browsing books at Borders when I was very pregnant with Brooke. I'd never read it before, but thought it sounded really sweet, so we bought Guess How Much I Love You (with plush Little Nutbrown Hare) for her for Christmas. True to it's title, it's one of the most adorable books I've read, and my favorite to read to her out of the books that she has. (It's the antithesis of Runaway Bunny, for anyone unfortunate enough to know of that book.) She has quite a few books, but she has several favorites that she will always bring to me to read. We also really love Goodnight Moon, which is part of her bedtime routine. :)
Times to treasure ~
Precious girl ~
For those who care to share: What is your favorite children's book?
Well, hope you all are having a wonderful week! Take care~
I took a whole class last semester on Childern's Activities and we mostly talked about childern's literature! My all time favorite is, Love You Forever! Its such a sweet and tearjerking book. It holds a special meaning in my heart!
#
posted by Anonymous :
11:19 AM, January 15, 2009
children's
#
posted by Anonymous :
11:20 AM, January 15, 2009
Ha, I was going to say "Love You Forever," too. Someone got it for my mom when my brother was born and my mom and I used to read it to him all the time. I'm really hoping that we can have a son one day so I can read it to him! (It can apply to daughters, too, it's just a boy in the book.)
Mama used to read this book called "Chloe and Maude" to us all of the time, and she used this great New Jersey accent everytime she read it to us. We loved it.
I don't think I could EVER choose just one! I LOVED my children's lit class in college, and every year I teach I find more to add to my personal collection. A few favorites are Hooway for Wodney Wat, You are Special, and Library Lion. :)