Monday, January 26, 2009

Catching Up ~

As I type this, it is snowing like crazy outside of my windows here at work. Do you know how happy this makes me?! It's my first day back to work after being off all of last week. Monday and Tuesday were federal holidays, so we had those days off. My parents were both in Tennessee all week, and, given my Mom watches Brooke for us while I'm at work, I didn't have anyone to watch her. I can't even tell you how great it was to be able to be home with her all week! We had such a wonderful week together. :)

Rather than tell you what all we did, I think I'll show you instead. First off, though, I have pictures from Carrie's baby shower from the weekend before last. She and my cousin Justin will be having a baby boy in March! It's pretty exciting for our family, and I'm especially excited that Brooke will have a playmate in the family, a second cousin!


Baby boy's birthday cards ~

I thought this was a really unique idea! We all drew a number, and whatever number was on your card, (mine was 5) was the birthday year that Baby D. will open his card on. So, on his 5th birthday, he will read my birthday card to him. :) I thought that was such a neat idea!


Carrie and the duck pinata! The shower had a duck theme ~


Here's Carrie and her boss with the duck cake that her boss made ~


My gorgeous cousin Stephanie and I at the shower ~


Sleepy Brooke and I once I got home!

Most of the week it way too cold to play outdoors, so on Wednesday, I made a sofa cushion fort for Brooke inside. After she destroyed it, it made an excellent jungle gym. :)


*sigh* Love this sweet girl!


Busy builder ~


Happy girl!


All tuckered out ~


She really loves her Brooke chair ~


It did get warmer on Friday, so we took the opportunity to go to the playground! Half the time, she ran around in the field next to the playground, but she really enjoyed the slide, and loved the dinosaurs.


Giving the purple dinosaur kisses!


Snuggly girl on the swing ~


FREEDOM!!!


Awww. Seconds after this was taken, she proceeded to put mulch in her mouth.

Well, I should be around more this week. :) Probably shouldn't say anything, but we're supposed to get a relatively decent amount of snow tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!


9:22 AM

Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers