It's getting down into the upper 20's at night, and we have a chance of snow showers tonight. Sure, it's a small, teensy tiny little chance, but that's all that I need to get excited. I am one happy girl. Love, love, love this time of year.
10 days till Thanksgiving. 38 days till Christmas. May I PLEASE start to get excited now? Every year I can't believe shops are decorated for Christmas before Halloween has even gone by. Every year I wait until the day after Thanksgiving to decorate, and listen to Christmas music. I stick to my principles. But every year, I've noticed, the Christmas season goes by WAY. TOO. QUICKLY. So, this year, I'm allowing myself to be happy when I see Christmas decorations, which are already up pretty much... well, everywhere. (except my house--I'm still sticking to that one!) I'm even tempted to start watching Christmas movies! Am I crazy? This year, I'm practically bursting at the seams in anticipation and excitement over the Christmas season. Hey, it's the most wonderful time of the year.
Pretty eventful weekend for the girl: she said DUCK and HORSE. Also woke up during the middle of the night from teething pain. Like she needs more teeth. ;-) We watched the first Madagascar on Saturday night, which she LOVED! Anything with animals... and music... oh, the girl loves to dance. Wonder where she gets that from. :) If you could've been a fly on our wall, you would've seen all three of us "movin' it."
It was COLD this weekend. I give you Exhibit A:
Hat? Check. Pink boots like Mommy's? Check. (Thank you, Grandmom!)
"I'm ONE!"
"I hate my hat."
Pretty little girl ~
The boots and hat were a struggle... but you should see when we dare put on her COAT!
If you have a free moment, maybe you could VOTE for our little girl? I submitted a photoof her on our local country station's contest--and the winner gets a $5k scholarship fund! Obviously, that would really come in handy, soooo... if you have a chance, we'd really appreciate it if you'd go HERE, check the box for #263, and enter your e-mail address at the bottom. It will send you a confirmation e-mail to make sure it's valid, and you just click the link in the e-mail, and voila! We'd really appreciate your help. :)