Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Day After the Most Awesome Day Ever -

I wish I had more days exactly like yesterday. I was able to wake up and spend the ENTIRE day with my baby girl---reading books, playing around, singing, dancing, being silly, watching some Veggie Tales and Winnie the Pooh. (the original Winnie the Pooh!) It was too cold to play outside, so I took her to the mall to walk around. She looooves to go "shopping." She's a girly girl. She is so much fun.

Fraggle Rock was available at the library--anyone remember it? I played it for Brooke to watch, after Ryan was home, because he told me he'd never seen it. Apparently, Fraggle Rock didn't exist until '83, the year I was born.... meanwhile, Ryan was 6. No wonder he'd never seen it! It's funny, because while watching it, it reminded me so much of my childhood... yet, one look at Ryan's face told me that you'd have to have grown up with it to appreciate it!

I also grew up with the CareBears, My Little Pony, classic Looney Tunes, Gummy Bears, Darkwing Duck... It brought back memories on Sunday, while talking with my brother's new girlfriend, who remembers all of those shows, too!

Brooke is learning so much. She will hold up one finger when you ask her how old she is. :) She can point to her tummy, nose, ears, and teeth. When you ask her a question, she will either nod or shake her head, which makes life so much easier. She also will point to something she wants. Her new word is "Yes." She said it several times yesterday. I had her up on our bed to get her dressed in her PJs when all of a sudden, she says, "Mam, Da, yes!" all in row, just like that. Hilarious! She was rather proud of herself about it. She has the sweetest little voice.

She's growing up way too fast.

I just finished reading "Multiple Blessings" by Kate Gosselin. If any of you watch Jon & Kate Plus 8 on TLC, you'll know exactly who she is. :) If you HAVEN'T seen the show, it's about a Christian couple who struggled with infertility, and through in vitro had twin girls. After trying again for "just one more," they got pregnant with sextuplets. In spite of being told that her health was at risk, and that it was unlikely that all six would survive through the pregnancy, they trusted in God instead---she made it until 30 weeks and they wound up with 6 healthy babies. They are now a thriving family of 10. (See their website HERE)

I finished the book in a day and a half... I enjoyed it that much. Even after watching so many episodes of their show, it still gave more insight into their daily lives as they grappled with the path that God was leading them on. It really helped me put my own struggles into perspective.

Hope you all are having a great week!


9:53 AM

Comments:
I've been reading (just haven't been commenting; my apologies, love!)... but HAD to tell you that we own the entire Fraggle Rock series. We found it for a steal on Deep Discount a while back, and Joel was insistent that we needed to own it for him as well as our future children. Glad to see we're not the only ones crazy enough to think that future generations need to see it, too. :)

Hope all is well!
 
Hi! I saw your blogpost via your xanga via the newlywed blogring and I just had to comment! I love John and Kat plus 8! Such a cute show. I didn't know she had a book, I'll have to check it out. And I also remember Fraggle Rock! Great show. You're daughter is adorable-- I've got one who's about a month older. I love this age.
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers