*Edit* Updated picture links to the left--added new ones, and erased ones that don't work. (that were linked to our old website) That's all!
Yesterday was a fun little breakaway from the normal, everyday routine. My Mom brought Brooke to my office for the very first time, and I think she enjoyed being here almost a little too much... she didn't want to leave! She was toddling up and down the hallways and in and out of various rooms, having more fun that one typically would at work. Ryan, whose office is only about 4 miles away from mine, had been asking me for a while to swing by his office with Brooke sometime so his coworkers could see her. With Brooke's 2 naps-a-day schedule, it makes it hard to do that. By the time I could get to my parents' house, pick Brooke up, and drive back out here to his office, she'd be more than ready for a nap. Thankfully, my Mom offered to just bring her here instead. :)
I think she easily had more fun at Ryan's office, only because mine couldn't possibly compete with the duplo blocks table and drawing table that they have in their showroom. One of Ryan's coworkers has a little baby girl, and I absolutely melted while holding her. With each passing day it gets harder and harder to remember Brooke ever being that little and light--her little gurgling sounds, sweet baby smell, and her complete and utter fascination with everything around her--but this little baby girl reminded me. I was in heaven.
Brooke LOVES her baby dolls at home, but hasn't had much exposure with babies in real life.. really, she only sees them in the other rooms in the church nursery, or while out running errands. I really had no idea how she'd actually react around one up close. While I was holding baby Larissa, Brooke watched for a minute and began waving at the baby! I asked her if she wanted to come see the baby, and knelt down with her so she could get a better look. My sweet little girl walked closer to see her better, then, after studying her for a few moments, leaned over to give her a kiss!
Sometimes your child surprises you.
Brooke and her beloved baby doll
It certainly didn't help me one bit, given I'm emotionally ready to try for baby #2. But, you know, it takes two people to agree on these things. :) I guess one of us has to be the more logical one, though, because Lord knows I don't always listen to my own logic.
Oh! She also said "DUCK" last night during bath time!
Well, we'll be heading south to visit Ryan's family this weekend, which we're both really excited about. It's been a couple months since we've seen them, and since they've seen Brooke--at her first birthday party. She has definitely changed a lot in those two short months. :) It should be a really fun weekend! I'm somewhat dreading the fact that Brooke will likely be getting into everything at their house. It's beautifully decorated, but there are so many things that I worry about Brooke breaking. :) I'm sure it won't be that big of a deal, though.
Before I go, I have just a couple more pictures:
She also LOVES her stuffed animals--this dog is one of her favorites, (from Aunt Lynne) and she absolutely lights up when he talks or sings to her
HAHA. What a face.
Okay, I just think this is hilarious. Because, you know, it's exhausting being 13 months old. (also a good shot of her super cute shirt from Aunt Karen! It's true, too -- describes her to a T.)