I felt like I was forgetting to mention something yesterday, but couldn't put my finger on exactly what it was. Well, it was a BIG thing, and I can't believe I forgot to mention it! This morning, when I was telling Ryan how happy I am that it's Wednesday already, I excitedly said, "And just think, when Friday gets here, it'll actually BE a FRIDAY for you!" That's because... this past Sunday night was his LAST night at his part-time, weekend job. What started out as a "temporary" thing turned into nearly a year, and it hasn't been easy on us. From now on, though, he won't be missing that extra time with Brooke or with me, and we'll be an actual family again. I'm ECSTATIC.
I was encouraged by the debate last night... thoughts? I'm ready for the election to just be herealready, though. Also got a kick out of seeing Todd to the right of McCain, in section A, (Angie's husband, and singer in the group Selah.) though they ran out of time, and he didn't get to ask his question. I know I didn't mention it yesterday, but I was also really encouraged by the responses I got regarding my post on politics last Friday. I really appreciated the comments, and enjoyed reading them.
In any event, if you stopped by today, I'm sure it was for pictures, not for my ramblings. Here are a few that I wanted to share:
Me and my happy girl, taken yesterday at Grandmom's
Playing with Daddy's shoe. It's really amazing the things she's amused by. Seeing things through her eyes is just awesome.
Sweet face ~ (and those BLUE EYES -- lucky girl :)
I just heart this shot. Love it ~
This is a Little Tykes kitchen we were given through Freecycle, which lives at Grandmom and Granddad's house
The thing is way more The Jetsons than anything I remember as a kid :)
That's all I have for now. Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!
So glad about Ryan's weekends with you all now! Love the pictures of Brooke! Boy she is getting so big!She can almost reach the top of that fancy kitchen! :)
Lydia's favorite toy is her doggy which looks just like Brooke's! I keep it off limits until school time and then she amuses herself for a long time with it! (of course it is so cute it sometimes distracts the other pupils in our little school!) Shoes and other normally off limit objects are also fun to look at on her blankie during school!
I know what you mean about holding another baby! I so want to have a baby boy but surely right now while we are living between two states completing an adoption, trying to sell our house and find a new place for ministry isn't the best timing! Praying for you as you wait!