Wednesday, October 01, 2008

All Things Fall -

It's the first day of October. Not sure how that happened already, but I really love this month. October is full of all things "fall." I'm excited about all of our plans this month. I'm ready!

We were supposed to drive to WV on Saturday to meet Ryan's parents at an arts and crafts festival there. We went sometime two years ago, and had such a good time. I was looking forward to taking Brooke this time. Unfortunately, the forecasted rain ruined our plans. (though, it turned out that it was nothing to worry about. It didn't rain at all in our area.) Instead, we drove a short ways to the outdoor outlet mall, where we walked around and window shopped. Didn't buy a single thing, but enjoyed it nevertheless. :) We hadn't been there since Brooke was even born.

The weekend was definitely great as far as sports are concerned. Major Penn State game on Saturday, which they WON. They are my adopted team, given I went to college with a Division 3 team, so I didn't have any conflicting allegiances. Believe it or not, I'm actually a little sad that we won't be seeing any games in person, after going to several games last year. My real team, however, my Redskins, they sure made me proud on Sunday when they not only beat the COWBOYS.. but in TEXAS no less!

This coming Sunday will not be pretty. Redskins vs. Eagles. Ryan's Eagles lost this past Sunday. I told him, well, then this coming Sunday's loss won't be as disappointing then. :) I don't think he was amused. Yeah, we'll still love each other, but we probably won't like each other very much. We've joked that Brooke will have a half burgandy, half green jersey when she's older.

Well, I promised my husband that I'd ask if anyone here is interested in a free-to-good-home 10 month-old puppy that his coworker needs to find a new home for. He's lovable, playful, and good around kids. He's a pit bull mix, white with black ears and a black spot on his side. He's house trained, but that's pretty much where his training stops. The owner doesn't have enough time for him, (in Ryan's words, he's "always working. Always.") and he's too strong for his young kids to walk, so he's got a lot of energy to burn, as most puppies do. Local shelters have told him that they won't find him a new home, since he is part pit bull. They would just put him down, because of his breed. (As an animal lover, and a firm believer that owners are the reason for any dog's aggression, regardless of breed, I find that heartbreaking.) In any event, if you live in or around Northern Virginia, or would be willing to drive to this area, and are interested, please let me know. :)

Hope you all have a great day!


8:58 AM

Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers