Monday, September 08, 2008

The Stone Age -

Oh, I can't even tell you how much I miss my beloved camera. We've looked into having it repaired, but it's looking like it will be roughly $150 no matter where we have it fixed, and that's just too much for us to spend right now. Thankfully, my Dad kept his old digital camera, which still works great, (my last camera was the exact same kind) so we won't miss the monumental moments in the meantime!

It's pretty crucial for us to have a working camera right now... especially considering the fact that Brooke is WALKING. She really began taking steps while we were in Ocean City a couple weeks ago, but she is doing it a lot more frequently now, and walking further. On Thursday evening, I watched in astonishment as she took 4 steps in a row, then 8 steps, then took TWELVE steps! In a row! The best part is that Ryan was able to see her walking once he got home about an hour later. I grabbed the camcorder, and caught her walking to her Daddy! She gets a huge, adorable grin on her face, and is just so proud of herself! We clap for her, and praise her, and just generally make it a huge deal. These days I liken her cruising to training wheels.. she doesn't really need to hold on, but it's the security of knowing that something is there.

It's amazing to me. Who is this toddler, and what did she do with my baby?

Brooke had her 12 month check-up last Wednesday, which really was miserable, (major stranger anxiety) but it's over. She's 30" tall, (75%) but only 19 lbs 5 oz. (25%) The doctor's not concerned with her weight; she just seems to be long and lean. Trust me, though, the girl eats A LOT! She's practically eating the entire time she's awake. She wants nothing to do with baby food anymore, and only wants what we're having. That makes life easier. :) She's able to drink whole milk now, which she likes, and is getting close to being weaned. It's more for comfort than actual nurtrition anymore. She's too distracted and impatient for it unless she's tired.

I'm starting to feel ready myself for her to be weaned, but I will definitely miss the closeness. I adore having my girl cuddled up with me. Thankfully, she's an affectionate little thing, and is frequently climbing into my lap to cuddle, or give me kisses. I'm THRILLED that she's finally giving me kisses! Up until now, she's only really given them to her Daddy and her Grandmom. No kisses for me. In the past, whenever I've asked for kisses, she'd shake her head "no"! I knew she loved me more than anyone else, (she is absolutely her momma's girl) but she just wouldn't give me kisses. Suddenly she does, and let me tell you, I do not take them for granted. ;-) Sweet, little kisses.

Also forgot to mention that her 8th tooth came through two days before her birthday. Everything is even now. :) She had 7 for the longest time. Her baby book asks how many teeth she had by her first birthday, and she made it just in the nick of time. ;-)

With Brooke growing up so quickly, it does make me long for the baby days. I realize that my Mommy memory has caused me to forget a lot of the difficult things about having a newborn, but I also realize how fleeting they were. I have to fight the feeling of wanting another one, because I know we just can't afford another one yet. So, rather than dwelling on that, I choose to focus on the fact that I get to enjoy my daughter wholly and completely. :) I absolutely LOVE this age--she's such a fascinating little person. She's constantly on the move, always playing, always learning and figuring things out, has become more affectionate, and let me tell you, the girl is HILARIOUS! She's perfect. And she's mine.

Well, that's all for me today. I really want to get better about updating more frequently, like I used to. We'll see how that goes. :) Hope you all have a great day!


7:58 AM

Comments:
Congratulations to Brooke's walking!:) That's wonderful! I bet you'll be chasing her all over the place soon!
 
Wow! can't believe she's walking!
Your post was absolutely beautiful. Definitely does not help my raging baby fever!!
 
That is awesome! Congrats to Brooke's Walking! Be bless. Have a good day
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers