Friday, September 26, 2008

Overflowing -

First and foremost, I want to wish my amazing DAD a very Happy Birthday! Not that he doesn't know already, as we chatted during my entire drive to work this morning. :) My Dad, he's more "friend", "encourager" and "prayer warrior" these days, though he'll never stop being a Dad. He's also a pretty awesome Granddad to my little girl. He's hilarious, playful, loving, and protective--and she's got him wrapped around her finger. I'm glad for her, that she'll have him in her life. She doesn't know how lucky she is! I know I sure have been. Happy Birthday, Dad!

Yesterday was a pretty big day! For one, Tiffany gave birth to her little boy, Elijah "Eli" Stone. There are pictures on her site, thanks to Megan. :) Born at 10:28 AM, weighing in at 7 lbs 14oz, and measuring 20.5". I won't even get into the fact that she only labored for about 8 hours... yeah, as I told her, she was blessed! :) He's perfect and precious, and I couldn't be happier for you, hun!

I did go to the doctor on Wednesday... official diagnosis? Strep. Good thing I went in right away. I felt so horrible. I've been on antibiotics since then, had the day off yesterday, have been getting LOTS and lots of rest, tried my hardest to keep the house as germ free as possible, and am feeling lots better. Thankfully neither Brooke nor Ryan seem to be coming down with it! :) I'm not contagious anymore, so hopefully the worst is behind us.

Brooke is 13 months old, as of yesterday. This was a pretty major month for her, developmentally! It's crazy to think that only a month ago she was only taking two or three steps at a time, yet now she doesn't even crawl anymore! She's walking everywhere, all the time. Funny how much can change in just one month. :)

She just started doing the cutest thing ever. Just this week, when we pray before dinner, we've started to also clasp our hands together. It's not something we would typically do, but we know that eventually she will be mimicking the things we do. Well, on Wednesday night, we opened our eyes to find that she had clasped her little hands together while we were praying. It has to be the most precious, innocent, beautiful thing I've ever seen her do. It's hard to believe that someday she'll be saying little prayers at the table!

Hope you all have a great weekend!


8:40 AM

Comments:
Hope you get feeling better!
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers