I haven't been sick in a long time, so I can't really complain, but it's still unpleasant nonetheless. Sore throat, achy ear, low grade fever. It kind of came out of left field--only abnormal thing was a headache the size of Texas yesterday, (I don't get headaches) and then BOOM, sick this morning. I'm at work anyway, but I'll be seeing the Dr. this afternoon just to make sure it's not the beginnings of strep or a sinus infection. The last Dr. I saw was my OBGYN. :) Yeah, it's been a while.
I just hope Brooke doesn't get whatever this is. Hello, Lysol and borderline obsessive handwashing. And I do want to be feeling good by this weekend--we have a fun weekend planned.
Aside from the rough start to my morning, I've also been in prayer and in tears for Misty LeBlanc, wife to Darren, and mother to 21 month-old Olivia. I've been praying for her, and her family, for a little while now. She lost her battle with brain cancer last night, but is now fully healed and resting in the arms of her Savior. It's amazing how emotionally involved you can get in someone's life, just by reading about them. I guess that's what we do--we care, and we connect. I know I personally have many wonderful friendships that began through our journals. I guess what touched me most about Misty and Darren, aside from our shared faith, is the fact that they have a beautiful, precious little girl, only 9 months older than Brooke. I think about 'what if that were me?' and 'what if that was Brooke?' It breaks my heart. I can't comprehend it as my own reality. All I can say is that their faith is overwhelming, and inspiring. Their lives, their love, and their struggle has touched so many people.
So, I'm counting my blessings today. Just when I dwell too much on my own struggles, I'm reminded so forcefully of the things that others are dealing with, which are so much more difficult than my own. I'm married to my best friend. I have a beautiful, amazing little girl. She is my perfect blessing. I have a great, supportive family. We have a roof over our head. We have food on the table. We may not have a lot of money, but we are rich in so many regards. We laugh every day. We have love to spare. We have a God who provides what we need, and takes care of us.