Well, Brooke's birthday party on Saturday was absolutely perfect in every way, and we had so much fun! We had 25 friends and family (mostly family!!) join us to celebrate our sweet girl's first birthday at a local park pavilion. The weather was gorgeous and breezy, the food turned out great, the cake was AMAZING, and I got the music to work (that was probably the hardest part about it all!)-- it was just so much fun! It was a beach theme, with hibiscus decorations, two giant beach-themed balloons, and seashells, and we played mostly country, summer songs, with a little Marley thrown in for good measure. :)
There are just way too many to post in this entry. :) Everything turned out fantastic. As we were driving home, I turned to Ryan and said, "That was PERFECT. Everything. Wasn't it perfect??" I'm so happy that we decided to throw the party, and we're so thankful that our close family and friends were able to share it all with us!
Sunday was also a fun day. My brother's company picnic was at a local waterpark, and he was able to bring us as guests! Brooke is a little too young for it, so she spent a few hours with her grandparents while we went to the waterpark with my brother. Water slides, the lazy river, the pool, and laying poolside with the newest People magazine... it was awesome. Here are a few pictures from the day!
Ryan and I when we first got there!
Poolside..
Us in the pool!
Ignore my ugly bruise from walking smack into my desk :(
Well, I hope you all enjoy the party pictures!! My Dad took them, (and took some of our video while Ryan was grilling) and I really feel like they show the whole day. :) We also have over 30 minutes of video footage! If I find some sort of video editing software, I hope to post a clip or two from the party. :) It was just so perfect, and I'm so glad we'll have all of the pictures and the video to share with Brooke when she's older.