Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ready, Set, Go -

My daughter is a fascinating little person. Over the last week and a half or so, she has gradually become more and more independent. (though it nearly feels like it happened over night) She's my little explorer, and everything is worth exploring. Stairs are something to be conquered, cabinets are to be opened, magazines are to be flipped, boxes are to be investigated, tupperware is to be banged on, and every nook and cranny of our home is for her to explore, usually more than once. Frequent pit stops are made to Mommy, just to check in, and then she's off once again. She's on the go from the time she wakes up till the time she goes down. Life is different for us. :)

She doesn't outwardly show me that she needs me as much, which is a little hard, and feels like an official end to her infant stage. (despite the fact that she still nurses 5-6 times a day) While it's nice to not have her attached at the hip 24/7, I miss it.

She says "ba" or "ba ba" for ball, has said "bye bye" a couple of times, and says "bir" for bird. She loves the birds at Grandmom's house! (Those are all in addition to "da da" and "ma ma.")

I've officially been at my new job for a week now, and I have to say that it's going really well. Though I know she's in good hands with my Mom, I called quite a bit to check on how she was doing those first few days. Of course, she adapted like it was no big deal. Naps are a breeze, and she is on a schedule where she wakes up from a nap right around when I get there to pick her up. (it's a nice treat to be the one to get her!) I won't lie, I miss being able to spend the entire day with my girl, and Ryan and I both really wish I still could, but she thankfully is doing just fine with it all. We still do the same things we used to do together.. it's just crammed into the second half of the day now. :)

My actual JOB is just great. It's challenging, and I've been busy since I started, but I love that they already seem comfortable with me, and I love that I'm already feeling comfortable there myself. I open the office every morning, and I actually have my own real office instead of your typical front desk. I took a picture to share...



Aside from that, we're gearing up for Brooke's party! (17 days away) Brooke and I took a trip to Party City to get all the supplies, and had a really fun time. :) Of course, there was so much for her to look at, and she LOVED the giant balloons! (though I found two giant ones for her party through eBay, which saved us some money) Here are a couple of pictures of her from our party planning day.




Cheerios!




Playing with the free balloon they gave her at Party City!

Also, have to say... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMANDA! Hope your day's been special, girlie.

Well, hope you all are doing well and have a great week. :)


4:09 PM

Comments:
glad you're liking the new job. love you!
 
Brooke's pics are adorable as usual.:) She's such a cutie!
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers