My girl, she says "ma ma." (insert my heart melting here) The first time was when I picked her up out of her crib after a nap, and she said it as quiet as a whisper. A night later, she said it loud and clear while cuddling on the couch. She has said it a few times since, and nothing could make me happier right now. It's every bit as precious and amazing as I imagined. :)
If you think of it, I'd really appreciate prayers tomorrow at 1:30, when I'll be interviewing for a part-time job near where Ryan works. As much as we both hate it, we really need me to work part-time in order to make ends meet. Ryan would work his part-time job forever if it meant I wouldn't have to, but it's just not enough hours. I know God will bring the right job, with the right hours, and the right pay, but it's still difficult to think about leaving my precious girl, even for only half the day. I never expected to be in this situation once we started having kids, but it's what I need to do right now, and will hopefully not be for too long. I do feel blessed that I've had nearly 11 months to spend with her full-time, and uninterrupted. The changes she's gone through from infancy until now, and the new and exciting things she has done since she was born are priceless treasures that I haven't taken for granted. And it puts Ryan and I at ease to know that she at least won't have to be in daycare. Having grandparents so close by is a major blessing!
Changes are on the horizon, but we have faith that we will be taken care, guided, and provided for. Life doesn't always go according to our own plans, but God has always been faithful to us.
Well, Brooke and I are off to the pool. I have to take advantage of my relatively free schedule and uninterrupted time with my girl. :) It's absolutely beautiful here today!
Hope you all are enjoying the beautiful weather, and having a great week!
Praying that your interview goes well and that God will provide you with the job you need. Must be so hard for you, but I'm sure everything will work out.