Monday, June 09, 2008

Sweet Summertime -

With this crazy heat wave, I decided to take Brooke to our pool for the very first time. It takes a lot longer to get ready for the pool when you have a baby, let me tell ya! She loves splashing in the tub, so I figured her loving the pool was a given. Actually, she ended up having a little apprehension, and clung to me for dear life while she got used to it. Before long, though, she was splashing away, having a good ole time. She really loved her float, and, after that got old, she enjoyed swimming around with me. There was no one there, aside from the lifeguards, until we were just about to leave. Then, two other mommies (one even had a 9 month old daughter!) came in with their kiddos. The pool absolutely made this weather bearable. :)

Being the picture fanatic, I have some shots to share. :)


Trying out the adorable float


She wants my sunglasses. Badly.


Loungin'


Brooke and I :)

In other Brooke news, she cruises on her activity gym from one side to the other! (cruising=taking little steps while holding on to something) Pretty major development, considering the child still doesn't crawl forward. :) Now she can also push herself to a sitting position. This has proved to be not-so-fun when it comes to nap time. Right now I'm having to go in 2-3 times at the beginning of each nap time to lay her back down so she'll go to sleep. We also had to lower the crib so she can't topple out when she learns to stand. I also caught her with the DVD recorder today saying, "da da." :) Ryan finally heard it for the first time on Saturday morning, but she says it a LOT. Now I'm sooo ready for "ma ma." :)

Hope you all are having a wonderful day!


2:32 PM

Comments:
Awww.. she looks like she really enjoyed it.
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers