I think I've officially moved past the sheer panic of turning 25. It's all relative, you know? Sure, I'm "young" to someone older than me, and probably "old" to a highschooler, but all that matters is how I feel, right? I have to say, my life is pretty wonderful. Life is what you make it, and depends a lot on your attitude and your perception of it. The more you focus on your blessings and the little miracles in every day life, the harder it is to be dissatisfied. That could be my mantra. My life isn't always easy, but I choose to look at my blessings, and be thankful for them.
Our beach trip was AMAZING! We had an easy (and oh-so fun) drive up in Em's beautiful Crossfire, which is an absolutely fabulous road trip car! Before the show, we had time to stroll the boardwalk, have a slice of pizza, browse Shriver's candy shop, seek warmth in a souvenir shop, (where Em bought me the cutest OC pink tee as an "extra" birthday gift!) and enjoy gazing at the beautiful beach. With waves crashing, the breeze blowing, and the seagulls flying overhead, it was the picture of pure bliss!
We got a good spot in line, and ended up in the 3rd row of the general admission venue. Luna Halo opened for them, (which I had never heard of) but we ended up chatting with them after the show. Switchfoot was amazing, and did a nice mix of older songs along with the new. Em and I have loved them since their very first CD, so that was great. After the show, we met Luna Halo, got some pictures, and then waited by Switchfoot's tour bus to meet them. It turned super cold by that time at night, but I don't think we really realized it until after we were finally heading back to the car. They were definitely worth the wait, though... they were just as cool and interesting as you'd imagine them to be.
Of course I have PICTURES!
Em and I before the show started. This will be the ONLY picture of us without red eye. Really.
Jon - Switchfoot
Tim - Jon's brother - Switchfoot
Chad - Switchfoot
I kinda liked the smokiness in this shot
Jon & Drew
...Excuse the redeye in the following pictures taken in the dark...
L-R: Me, Chris -drummer of Luna Halo- & Em
L-R: Em, Nathan -frontman for Luna Halo- Me (can't remember the names of the last 2!)
Em & I with Tim from Switchfoot
Em & I with Jerome from Switchfoot.
He was on the other side of the stage, so I couldn't get a decent picture of him.
Em & I with Jon
The guys from Switchfoot made me feel like a giant. Who was it that said something about how, in real life, actors are always smaller than you imagined, while athletes are always bigger? I, of course, just botched that quote, but you could probably lump most musicians in with the former. :) You know you're getting old, though, when you talk with guys from a band about their wives and kids rather than panicking, nearly fainting, or simply blurting out, "I love you!" and "you're awesome!" as the group of 16 year-old girls did beside us... Mmmhmm.
I first saw Switchfoot live about 10 years ago when they were playing small churches... we were teenagers and they were no more than kids themselves! Every time I see them now, they look so grownup. They are great guys. :)
That must have been ssooo much fun! I've been to two concerts, although neither of them Switchfoot, but I have really wanted to see them! I hope you had fun!!
I love Switchfoot! I've seen them twice (I have a friend who has seen them like 25 times!) they are great live! They are really nice too, we got to meet them because of my crazy friend that they remember. It was cool because after we left we saw them walking down the streets of Rochester with their wives and kids to their hotel, it was cute! I hear you about feeling older, I turned 24 in March, and for some reason 24 seems so much older than 23, so I'm not sure what I'll feel next year with 25, haha. Well, have a Happy Mother's Day! God Bless, ~Lisa