Ah, there's nothing like a long weekend, and an extra day for family time! Saturday was absolutely beautiful, so we took the opportunity to take the bicycle trailer out for a spin for the first time. We rode just for about 15 miles, before it was clear that we needed to get home to put Brooke down for a nap. :) She absolutely LOVED it, until she got tired and cranky, and I'm excited to use it a lot this summer. I had wanted the harder workout, so Ryan attached the trailer to my bike... and let me tell ya, it was definitely a harder workout! The straightaways were fine, but with any sort of incline I could definitely tell I was lugging roughly 40 pounds behind me. :)
On Memorial Day, I made Belgian waffles, and we ate breakfast out on our deck. Ryan brought up our flag from the garage, and we just enjoyed the gorgeous weather. Later in the day, we went over to my parents' house for a cookout with everything from burgers and hot dogs to watermelon and cantaloupe.
Brooke's top teeth are easier to see now, and it's just absolutely adorable. She's getting so big. She just started to scoot across the floor on her rear-end, and also to crawl... backwards. :) Believe it or not, crawling backwards is progress! She'll get it soon enough. :) I'll have pictures soon, but not today. Hope you all are doing well!
backwards crawling is actually a good skill!! it's one that they ask about in evaluations when you have a delayed child, actually. Sydney never learned it and our physical therapist has given up. LOL
I found you! I left xanga a few months back and started here on blogspot. I can't believe how your little girl has gotten so big and SO SO CUTE! :] You're a lucky woman!