Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Million Miles to Go -

Long time, no post. Does anyone still read this anymore? :) I really need to get better about updating. I do.

We're all alive and kickin'. Brooke is officially 8 months old, as of this past Friday, and getting bigger by the day. Her upper front left tooth is just about to pop through, which has been giving her grief. Poor babe. She's going to look a lot older with top teeth. :) She's not crawling yet, but she's close. She puts weight on her front arms, rocks forward, and sometimes topples over trying to get what she wants. We, of course, cheer her on. :)

We had a yard sale the weekend before last, and made $109. Ryan scoured the local yard sales and found an awesome baby gate, which we obviously will need soon, and a red InStep Rocket bicycle trailer for $25. Since we bike nearly every weekend in the summer, we'll get a lot of use out of it, and I really think Brooke will enjoy the ride. :) We wouldn't have been able to get a new one, (they're well over $100 new) so we felt like we won the jackpot by finding one!

We took the money from the yard sale, and a 15% off Babies-R-Us coupon, and purchased a new car seat for Brooke. She outgrew her infant car seat, (in height) so we started researching car seats. We ended up getting the Evenflo Triumph DLX in the print "Sandbox." It got awesome reviews, is super cute, and incredibly comfy.

In less than 2 weeks, I'll be turning 25. (May 9th) This will probably sound dramatic, but to me, 25 sounds so much older than 24, and I'm actually having a semi rough time thinking about it. 25 is a quarter of a century. Can you really say you're "young" anymore at 25? Ryan just rolls his eyes, and says that now I know how he felt about his birthday last year. :)

On Thursday, Em and I will be setting off for Ocean City, NJ. (minus Ryan and Brooke) For my birthday this year, she's treating me to a SWITCHFOOT concert, and a fun mini beach trip. :) We'll be driving up in her awesome little sports car, seeing the sights and strolling the boardwalk before the concert, enjoying the concert and hopefully getting some autographs, staying overnight, and coming back the next day. It's funny, because in a way it feels like we've come full circle. :) Back in the day when I was working full-time, single or just dating, and had very few expenses, I used to get her tickets for her birthday. I used to see a LOT of concerts. Now I'm a stay-at-home Mom, and she has an awesome job, (she's a nurse) so she's treating me! Ah, life. Ah, great friends. Needless to say, I'm super excited about it! Cannot wait. :)

On Saturday, Ryan and I will be driving down for my brother-in-law Jamin's graduation from JMU. It obviously will make for a very busy end of the week for me. :) Brooke will be staying with my parents while we're gone on Saturday, which will make it a lot easier for us to travel. There's just simply no place for her to nap during ceremonies. :)

Well, last, but certainly not least, here are some recent pictures for you!


Super close up :)


Mmm... piglet


Million dollar smile!


Looking hilariously tiny in her new car seat :)


Sweet, happy girl!

Hope you all are having a great week!


10:08 AM

Comments:
I had a hard time with my 25th too. I turned 25 and then had a baby 2 weeks later, I felt like I had to "grow" up right then!! Now I don't even think twice about it!

Brooke is sooo adorable, her eyes are beautiful!! We are looking for a new car seat too and I just can't decide... Looks like she loves the one you got!!
 
I had a hard time with my 25th too. I turned 25 and then had a baby 2 weeks later, I felt like I had to "grow" up right then!! Now I don't even think twice about it!

Brooke is sooo adorable, her eyes are beautiful!! We are looking for a new car seat too and I just can't decide... Looks like she loves the one you got!!
 
It was hard for me to turn 25, too. It just feels like 30 is right here. It's really scary, and now that I'm about to turn 26, it's even scarier!
 
I still read it ;) And that's a great car seat. It rear faces longer than our Britaxes do even and it's about $100 less. LOL We may be getting Sydney one as our backup seat for Keith's car. Not sure though.

and wow that is a GREAT price on that bike trailer!

-Sarah
http://sydney_lou_who.livejournal.com
 
Hi,

She is absolutley gorgeous! How's the cat?

Love,

Courtney
 
She is such a cutie and I love the new header!
 
Like the other girls, I also had trouble with 25. However at that time, I was single and felt like I didn't have much to 'show' for it. No significant other, no kids, lived in an apartment (ALONE), etc. Now, at 28, I live in a house, have a new(er) vehicle, am engaged and the mother to a beautiful little girl. So oddly enough, 30 doesn't scare me at all.

We also got Katelyn a convertible carseat; she got the Triumph Advance LX. And since she's two months younger than Miss B, she looks even TINIER in her seat!! =)

Good to hear from you; have fun on your trips!!
 
Oh my goodness, Brooke is so beautiful! She does look super tiny in her car seat, lol.

I know what you mean about turning 25, I'll be 25 in a couple months...yikes ;-)
 
I bought an older model of that car seat 2 years ago for my daughter. At the time I thought it was the ugliest car seat out there (yours is much, much prettier ) but it got the best reviews and safety ratings. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this car seat! It's so easy to adjust straps (which is a blessing in those times when you're between seasons and have to keep re-sizing due to jackets/snowsuits, etc.) and it's roomy so baby's not squished. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine!
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers