This April Fool's day, my Mom tried to convince a couple of my cousins, and some of my friends that I am expecting again. No, it's not the case. :) Our child is no longer a newborn, that's for sure, and we're okay with that right now. She is at such a fun age, and she's more than enough to keep us happy right now. :)
I've been at my parents' house since 10 AM this morning, and we just finished painting their master bathroom. It's now a lovely shade of hyacinth blue. She was going for a cottage look, and it looks very nice. The plan was to also paint their master bedroom in the relatively near future, but, after today, (specifically tackling the 14 foot cathedral ceiling) neither of us have any desire to do that anytime soon. :) I have a new appreciation for the people that paint for a living!
Ryan, Brooke and I are all doing well. :) Work is picking up for Ryan, which is fantastic. At the rate he's going, he will be able to quit his part-time job soon, which we are both thrilled about. I'm very thankful that he was adamant about me not getting a job after Brooke was born, because I know not all men feel that way. Even before we were married, we both felt strongly about me staying home once we had kids. I won't lie, it's really tough to do in this area, but it's honestly amazing what things you can actually do without. Did I always think I'd own a house before having kids? Sure. Would it be nice to be able to splurge on nice make-up or clothes? Of course, but my daughter is way more valuable. :) I just feel so blessed to be able to stay home with our daughter, because every day is such a joy with her. I think it's actually tougher work, but the pay can't be beat. :) The smiles and laughs, and every new little thing she does, make it the most rewarding work I've ever done.
Speaking of the girl, here are a few new pictures I took of her late Sunday afternoon. Some of them, like the ones where she's playing with her hairbrush, or chewing on my bracelet, I wanted just for memory's sake. :) I especially love the lighting in the ones taken without a flash!!
When you say, "Smile!!" she will :) Oh-so photogenic~
Em! I know I say it EVERY time, but she is SOOOOO gorgeous! I can't believe how grown up she's been looking, either... not so much of an "infant" look anymore. Crazy how fast time flies! I love that very first picture of her - and the fact that she smiles on command. That's gotta be some kind of sign of genius, right?! :)
Hope all is well with you two - you sound so busy! We need to catch up oh, one of these YEARS!
Such a sweetie!! And she's sitting up on her own so well!!! Katelyn just started about a week ago and still leans forward a bit, but she gets better at it every day. Doesn't Brooke's feet ever get cold?? I notice she almost never has socks on, but we've always got some on Katelyn. However our house is pretty cool, so that probably has something to do with it. =)
Such a sweetie!! And she's sitting up on her own so well!!! Katelyn just started about a week ago and still leans forward a bit, but she gets better at it every day. Doesn't Brooke's feet ever get cold?? I notice she almost never has socks on, but we've always got some on Katelyn. However our house is pretty cool, so that probably has something to do with it. =)
She is such a cute little girl!! I love her smile!:)
I was watching The Family Feud game show the other day and guess how much they said that housewives should get paid...$30,000! What the heck?! Yeah, right. Of course, no one got that right. Make it more like $50,000 and that would be a good starting point!;) lol