Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Like Mother, Like Daughter -

When you've been absent as long as I have, it's hard to figure out where to begin! After a while, you realize you have so much to update on that it becomes a little daunting! What little extra time I've had, I knew wouldn't be enough. So... where to begin?

Brooke's second tooth popped through just a few days after her first one appeared. She now has both of her bottom front teeth. (and boy has she let me know a few times that she knows how to use them!) After she had no trouble eating rice cereal, I started her off on Gerber Organics bananas, which she LOVED. After several days of bananas, I let her try applesauce. We got to see her "sour face" for the very first time with that one! Needless to say, applesauce was a no-go. She'd take a few bites, then fuss and spit it out. Unlike the applesauce we know and love, baby applesauce has nothing sweet added, so I think it's just a little too sour. So, bananas it is. For now.

She can roll over from her stomach to her back, and is just about able to get from back to stomach. She has to really be in the mood for it, though. She's doing great with sitting up, partially supported, but she'd really rather stand. I don't think crawling is too far off.. she knows what to do with her legs, but just can't figure out what to do with her arms. When she DOES push off with her arms, she doesn't do anything with her legs. :) If you ask me, though, I just want her to take her time! Unlike most first-time parents, I'm in no hurry to see her mobile. When she's ready, she's ready.

I flipped through my scrapbook my Mom made for me, (in addition to a regular baby book, she made me a lifetime scrapbook that covers my first day of life all the way through the day I got married. It's amazing. I definitely am going to start one for Brooke someday!) and I scanned in some baby pictures. The resemblance between Brooke and I is uncanny, so I just wanted to share!

After looking through pictures of me as a baby, I went back to my computer and looked through pictures of Brooke from the day she was born till now. I was thinking about how I can't believe how small she was, and then it suddenly hit me. She's not a tiny baby anymore. She's 5 1/2 months already, and I have no idea how that happened. On the one hand, it's amazing to see her grow. It's so amazing to wake up and think, "I wonder what new thing she's doing to do today." (because, trust me, she does do something new every day!) But on the other hand, it dawns on me... she's growing up. And a part of my heart begins to hurt.

Ryan and I have been doing really well. He's been very, very busy--in addition to his full-time job, he took a new, part-time job (Fri., Sat., and Sun. nights) to bring in a little extra income. I'm not going to lie, it's hard for him to be gone more. I don't get to see him as much, Brooke doesn't get to see him as much. Thankfully it won't last forever, and it really is needed right now. I tell Brooke all the time, "your Daddy is amazing. He does such a good job at taking care of us." Not that she knows exactly what I'm saying, of course, but someday she will.

I'm VERY excited about Valentine's day this year!! Ryan really wanted to take me out to dinner, so my parents are going to watch Brooke while Ryan and I go have a nice dinner by ourselves. Alone. As a real couple. What makes it extra special is... this will be our very first Valentine's day together where we'll actually go out to eat! Our past four v-days together have all been spent with me cooking a special meal... but not this year. Someone else gets to cook. I'm very excited!

Speaking of food, the diet has been going well... instead of being totally low-carb, we're doing the South Beach diet. (focuses on eating the RIGHT carbs) I'd say it's going pretty well.. I am officially down to my pre-pregnancy weight! Yes!!! I don't look completely like I used to, (pre-preg. jeans fit, but still not totally flattering) but nevertheless it feels good to be back down to a healthy weight. I plan on losing a bit more, though.

I've continued to use Freecycle, and have gotten some great things. I got some clothes, hats and toys for Brooke, (some new) a fantastic HIGHCHAIR!!! which cleaned up perfectly, (I have pics of that later) two 6 foot decorative trees from Michael's which I put in our home office, and in our dining room, and a Canon printer/scanner/copier which definitely isn't new, but is in good shape. Free definitely fits in our budget.

I realize a lot of my pictures aren't showing up on here right now. I apparently exceeded my limit on photobucket for the month, (since I use the free version) but the pictures will show up again starting on the 23rd. So, that's that. I made a new account, though, so I can still upload some pictures until then.

Speaking of pictures... I'm sure you all want to see some!

Brooke, 5 months to present:


First time in her highchair! (isn't it fantastic?! Just needed to be washed/scrubbed)


In her jumperoo!

I couldn't choose from the following three pics, so you guys get them all :)


Bright eyes~



My gorgeous girl!!

Lastly, here are some pictures of me as a baby. You guys have seen pictures from the day Brooke was born, so I'm not going to do side-by-side comparison shots.


I was 6 weeks early, so I was kind of a tiny thing...


See???


With my Grandmom (Mom's side--she passed away when I was 8) and brother (wasn't he ADORABLE?!)


I look scared to death.


This looks like it could be a picture of Brooke, 100%

Well, I will definitely try not to be such a stranger around here! Hope you all have a wonderful day! :)


11:34 AM

Comments:
Brooke has such big, beautiful eyes!:) So very cute!

The Freecycle in my area has sucked so far. Before I can get something, someone else has taken it! Also, people on my Freecycle are famous for putting items outside their house and saying, "First come, first served", which is stupid because they make people drive out to get something that someone else could have already taken! Glad you are having good luck with your Freecycle, though!:)
 
YOU COULD ALWAYS USE FLICKR YOU KNOW.

:) Just saying.. :)

I can't wait to see the pictures! And I'm SO excited for you to be at your pre-preg weight - I know that's WONDERFUL news to you! I'm already stressing about getting to my pre-preg weight. I'd like to be back to mine before baby is 1 year old, since I'll be working and won't have as much time to workout. Here's hoping! :)

Praying for you and miss you as always.

LOVE!
 
Oh wow, Brooke really does look like you did as a baby. She's gonna be a beautiful woman ;-)
It's great to hear from you.
 
Awww, glad to hear things are going so well. I really hope Ryan gets to take a break from all his work, get some rest and spend time with you and Brooke.

Aww, I'm sorry you're feeling a little sad about Brooke growing up. :( Haha, but just imagine how my mom feels! Nate's in college now and I'll be 16 in a month. Craziness!

Anyway, I was quite upset for a little while. I'm pretty much addicted to your blog and was going through an "Emily and Brooke" withdrawal when you didn't post anything for a while! Haha.

Anyway, have a great week!
 
Happy Valentine's Day! I hope Ryan gets good breaks from work, Brooke is so big now! What a Sweetheart!
 
Happy Valentine's Day! I hope Ryan gets good breaks from work, Brooke is so big now! What a Sweetheart!
 
Hooray for an update! :) Glad you three are doing well, and I hope you enjoy the time you do get to soak up with Ryan!

Blessings to you!
Becca
(refrigeratorart on xanga)
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers