Ah, another week, another entry. It's been a cold, snowy, icy week here. It snowed twice this week, and they're calling for freezing rain (=ice) until 11 PM tonight. Then we have another chance of snow tomorrow. Ryan has been in Richmond since early Wednesday morning, taking classes for work, and he's coming home this evening. So, it has mainly been just Brooke and I this week, which has meant lots of fun and playtime, but has been a little tiring with everything on me. I miss him, and I'm sure Brooke misses him, too. I held my cell phone up to her ear last night for her daddy to talk to her, and she promptly tried to pull the phone into her mouth. I like to think that means she misses him. ;-)
Brooke is growing by leaps and bounds. She can sit up pretty well independently, so I've been letting her practice on our bed--a soft surface for the inevitable spills. She loves to "airplane," (holding her up over our heads) because, unlike on the floor, gravity is no longer an issue. Her face absolutely lights up, and she thrusts out her arms and legs in a crawling fashion with such speed and finesse that I am already dreading when she becomes mobile. :)
I call her my little daredevil, because she loves the thrills. She loves to be (gently) tossed in the air, and she loves to "fly" around the room. She can grab things with such accuracy that it amazes me. Wasn't it just yesterday when I cheered as she was able reach out and grab a toy for the very first time? Yet now she can see a skinny little hair tie around my wrist and grasp it with ease on the very first shot. Same goes for my earrings, necklaces, and hair, or whatever else she finds interesting!
Does anyone know when babies eyes typically change color?? Brooke's are still very much BLUE, and I'm wondering if they will stay blue or if they still might change to green, which Ryan and I both have. Her Grandmom is hoping and praying they stay blue, like hers are, but I've told her not to get her hopes up, since she has such a big chance of having green eyes. :) Anyone know??
Did anyone watch that show Dance War: Bruno vs. Carrie Ann? It was a spin-off from Dancing with the Stars, and we actually thought it was pretty boring. Anyway, the only reason we watched (a little bit) was because I knew one of the contestants, Phillip Bernier. He's my age, and we went to the same church and school. His family used to sit in front of mine. I really didn't know him all that well; I knew his older brother better, because we were in youth group together. His bio is pretty awesome; he talks about how important his Christian beliefs are to him, and how he feels his talents are God-given. The show is over now, but his team (team Bruno) wound up winning, so he now has a record deal. Small world, eh?
Here are a couple of recent pictures of my girl! :)
Beautiful Brooke... it's hard to get her to smile for a picture, because she's always "studying" the camera!
The SwaddleMe blanket has officially met it's match
I'm not sure when John's eyes started to change color, probably around 6months or so. They slowly went from blue to brown and now they have just a tinge of blue around the outside. I hope they stay that way!! My husband's eyes are multi-colored. They are mostly brown, but have some blue and green around the outside.
I thought the typical age for eye change was 6 months - but don't quote me on that. I had blue eyes until I was around 9 months and now my eyes are icy green w/ a hint of blue and yellow. Nothing pretty like yours missy. AND you need to add me to your flickr contacts.. where are those flickr pictures?! :)
I miss you! All your talks about Brooke REALLY make me anxious about MY baby!
It is six months according to my literature. What you see at 6 mos is typically what will last. :) The bottom part of those swaddle wraps are always so easily undone, I feel like they could have done a better job with them. But I guess they're only $10. ;) We have that same one!