Does it get any better than this?? (Taken last night!)
My most memorable Valentine's Day...
Ryan and I have had some very romantic, special Valentine's days together in years past, but none as memorable as our very first Valentine's together. We had just met a month prior, and we were doing the long-distance thing. (We lived two and a half hours apart for the first 8 months of our relationship, until he decided to find a job up here and make the move to good ole Northern VA.) I made a delicious dinner (had to impress him, you know) and we exchanged gifts. I had NO idea what to get him, since we had only been dating a short while, but I ended up getting him a royal blue, cashmere sweater from Banana Republic. (I know, I know, but I had a great job, and few expenses at the time, since I was living at home!) It was a beautiful sweater... and I knew it would look great on him, since he looks good in bold colors. I was right.. it looked so good on him! He got me a certificate to get a massage, which was an awesome gift, because I had never gotten a professional massage in my life. (it was heaven!)
Fast forward to a month or so down the road... I noticed he hadn't worn the sweater at all during any of his weekend visits to see me. He didn't want me to be sad, but he finally fessed up. He had only worn it once, maybe twice, and put it in the wash. He then left it to dry flat on top of the dryer. Well, during that time, he had recently moved back to VA from PA, and was living with his family for a little bit. The washer and dryer were in the basement. Well, his sister's dog was kept in the basement during the day. Yeah... you can probably see where I'm going with this. When Ryan went to retrieve the sweater, it had been lovingly destroyed. Ripped to shreds. Needless to say, I haven't bought him a cashmere sweater since.
Okay, your turn: What was your most memorable (good or bad!) Valentine's Day???
Probably Billy and my first v-day together (2005).. we hadn't been able to be an official couple very long, but I took extra time to try and look pretty and we matched each other. We took roses to both of our mom's at work and he had put roses on my car. We went to eat Mexican and then we went back to his parent's house and watched movies.
Mine was our 1st V-day Shawn and I were alone for the first time ever and his parents were out of town and he made pepperoni pizza and put the pepperoni's in the shape of a heart. We had it over candle light the best time we ever had .
#
posted by Anonymous :
9:44 PM, February 21, 2008