Monday, January 21, 2008

One Gift at a Time -

I am in love. I'm in love with Freecycle.org. My cousin Shelley told my Mom about it, who then told me. They are, and I quote, "made up of 4,225 groups with 4,384,000 members across the globe. It's a grassroots and entirely nonprofit movement of people who are giving (& getting) stuff for free in their own towns. It's all about reuse and keeping good stuff out of landfills." I'm a stay-at-home mom, obviously on a tight budget, so this is a wonderful thing. Especially in our area, which is rather affluent, where a lot of things are barely used, if at all. They offer way more than just baby things, pretty much anything you could think of, but they have baby items GALORE.

On the first day, I got a feeding seat, the booster seat kind that converts from infant to toddler. It was perfect timing, as Brooke is starting solids. I also got a sealed box of Gerber rice cereal! On the second day, I got a BRAND NEW (still sealed in box) inflatable whale pool for Brooke. We're going to get a lot of use out of this thing come summertime! Here's a picture of it:
On the third day, I got several basic, white onesies, 18-24 month sizes. I also got three Carters sleepers, two pink, one yellow, in 12 month size. All three are SO CUTE!

Lastly, I got a BRAND NEW Yankee Candle wax warmer with an included tealight and Yankee Candle tart, still gift wrapped. It's beautiful, and it made our house smell delicious! So, needless to say, I definitely think you all should check out Freecycle!

In other news, BROOKE HAS CUT A TOOTH! The tip of one of her front bottom teeth has cut through the gum line as of this morning! She'll be 5 months on Friday... is that early? Anyway, she hasn't even been fussy because of it. Brave girl!

She is quite the little gymnast... hasn't completely figured out the rolling over thing yet--she gets stuck on her shoulder, so it'll happen soon I'm sure--but she is forever grabbing her toes! She is the happiest baby ever, constantly babbling and very easily amused. I'm so in love with our little girl! I took new pictures of her today--in one of her new adorable 9 month size onesies from Grandmom--so enjoy!


Happy baby! Playing on Mommy & Daddy's bed


"No photos, please" -- she's my little thumb sucker! :)


MY TOES!!!


Sweet girl... be still my heart


Lastly, a picture of our latest snowfall (last Wednesday? I think?)
It was still snowing at the time, and we ended up with 5 inches!

Hope you all are doing great! :)


8:29 AM

Comments:
She is so gorgeous, Em! You and Ryan are going to have your hands full in 16 or so years. ;)

I'm still envious Becky & Casey got to meet her, too... :)
 
OMG times a million! She has gotton so big! Congrats on free cycle!! My mom is rakin' it in 2!!!
-xoxoxoxox
Courtney
 
Oh my GOSH, Emily!! She's sooo pretty!! And she's definitely got your eyes. =)
Five months isn't too early; I hear most babies start cutting between four and seven months. Katelyn will be three months tomorrow and she's starting to teeth; I can see both front bottom teeth buds and the one on her left will be in within the next month at least.
Congrats on Freecycle!!
 
Very cool, I'll definitely have to check out freecycle... hopefully it's available in Canada too.
And Brooke is just oh so cute!
 
I will have to check that out as well. Brooke has gotten so Big and so adorable. Have a blessed weekend.
 
I might have to check that site out, sounds great. Brooke is a real cutie.
 
Hey Emily,
All of the pictures on this site are not available except for this post. In it's place, they all say "Upgrade to Pro Today... Bandwidth exceeded... Photobucket". Thought I'd let you know in case you hadn't noticed yet (or maybe you can see them?).

We haven't heard from you in a while, hope you are doing well :)
 
It's been awhile since an update, hope everything is okay.
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers