Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmastime is Here -

It may be the most wonderful time of the year, (and absolutely my favorite, hands down) but it sure is also one of the busiest. :) At least I've managed to finish all of our Christmas shopping! I've been gone for a while now, but it was actually kind of a nice little break. I think I've been able to enjoy this time of year a little bit more without a computer. Imagine. :)

Brooke is getting bigger and is growing up so fast--it's unreal. She'll be 4 months old on Christmas day. 4 months! She laughs every day now (usually around bedtime) and LOVES to sit up. (supported by us, or in her BebePod chair--a wonderful early Christmas gift from her Grandmom!) She's little miss independent--likes to do big girl stuff. :) She gets so proud of herself when she does something on her own! She had lost most of the hair she was born with, which is common, and is now growing it all back pretty quickly. We were wondering if she may be a blondie, because her eyebrows and eyelashes were so light when she was born. They've darkened since then, though, and the hair coming in on her head is DARK brown, like her daddy's. :) Super cute. She looks exactly like I did as a baby, though. Exactly.

We're really looking forward to our first Christmas with Brooke. I've discovered there is nothing like enjoying Christmastime with a child! While Ryan and I definitely treasure our past Christmases together, Christmas as a family of three is proving to be way more fun! :) Knowing we will have this to look forward to for years to come is really exciting to me. Sharing this time of year with a child really makes you reminisce about Christmases as a kid, and figuring out what you want to pass on for your children to enjoy as you once did. :)

Well, before I go, I'll share a few pictures! I did get Brooke's portraits back, but I won't be posting those two until Christmas day. :) For now, here are a few from the past 3 1/2 weeks.


All snuggled up with her ducky--this one was taken the week after Thanksgiving


Tummy time on her Veggie Tales blanket --she loves the characters!


More tummy time! She had some dry skin, thus explaining the shiny Vasoline on her forehead :)


Sweet girl :)

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!


5:46 PM

Comments:
Merry christmas Guys Happy 1st Christmas with Brooke. She is such a sweet heart.
Tee
 
That face... especially in the third and fourth pictures - Em, she just makes me melt! Loved the pic in the Christmas card - Joel and I thought it was so adorable. :)
 
So cute! Have a wonderful Christmas!

*Alyssa*
 
She is such a cutie! I especially liked the first pic of her. I really like pics of babies sleeping. They always look so peaceful.:)

Merry Christmas!:)

Leslie
 
Awww! She is just so cute! I am so glad you are enjoying the season more with her in the picture. :-D I hope you have a Merry Christmas.
 
Hi there beautiful mommy!!

I finally posted some pictures at my site of little baby Zaiah...can you believe how FAST they grow up?

Your precious girl is simply lovely! How are you adjusting to things? It sounds like your doing really good!

Take care and God bless your family in ringing in the New Year! Vincy
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers