Ah, it is so good to be back! After we returned home from our Thanksgiving trip down to see Ryan's parents, I happily powered up my computer (to upload some pictures) only to find out... my computer won't turn on. Apparently, an important file that it needs in order to boot up is corrupted. Great.
So, here I am at my parents' house to update you all on our trip, and life at our home this past week. :) Thanksgiving was WONDERFUL--filled with great people, delicious food, and good times. We had Thanksgiving dinner at Grandpa & Grandma S.'s, and hung out afterwards watching football and playing dominoes. We honestly only took 2 pictures the entire day, so here is one that I can share!
She's making faces at her Uncle Jamin, while her Aunt Kendra holds her. :) We were in the middle of playing dominoes when she woke up from her nap. She wore a Thanksgiving-themed sleeper with an acorn and leaves print all over it, and a small fabric turkey on it, under which read, "Thankful for Mommy." :) Brooke's first Thanksgiving!
On Friday, we left at a reasonable time (8:30 AM) to join in on the after-Thanksgiving shopping madness. The crowds weren't nearly as bad as what we had anticipated, probably because we got there AFTER the big rush. (Sorry, but we weren't about to get up and head to Kohl's at 4 in the morning to save $5 on, well, anything.) We went to the Short Pump mall down near Richmond, which I had never been to. (I'd liken it to an outdoor Tyson's Corner.)
We drove back home on Saturday, and wound up decorating the house after we had unpacked. :) Everything is up, aside from our tree, including lights and garland on our back deck. We'll be driving to a local Christmas tree farm this Saturday to pick out and cut down our tree this year, which I am very excited about! I haven't gone to a Christmas tree farm since I was.. hmm.. 6?
On Sunday, Brooke had her 3 month pictures at JCPenney's portrait studios--her first studio pictures--which she was NOT too thrilled about. Since it's nearly Christmas, I dressed her in a Christmas dress, complete with tights and teeny, tiny black patent shoes with rhinestone buckles. I believe I'm being impartial when I say she was SO VERY ADORABLE! She ended up crying, and got very upset, but we managed to get a couple of good pictures out of it. She then smiled and babbled away as we were LEAVING. Isn't that just the way it works? :) Anyway, I'm SO excited to get the pictures, but they won't be in until Dec. 7th.
So, until then, here is a picture of Brooke taken the day after Thanksgiving, after we returned from shopping. :) Her Aunt Kendra had placed a packaging ribbon on her head!
She got so many compliments on her outfit (which had a matching hat) at the mall!
Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and that you're all having a great week. :)