Well, "a couple of days" turned into... uh, 6. It turned out that I really couldn't announce it on here until today, when it became "official." So... the big news that I had mentioned is...
RYAN HAS A NEW JOB!!!
It has been in the making for a long time now, and from the beginning I had been praying that, no matter what happens, that the decision would be obvious and clear-cut. Over time, it has become just that! He put in his two week notice on Friday, but his boss wanted to discuss it further today over breakfast. It's official now, though; he's definitely going to work for the new company! He'll be in sales again, which is great since he not only loves sales, but he's so perfectly suited for it. Some people are just good at sales... that's Ryan! He is such a people-person.
The BEST part, though, are the hours. No more leaving for work at 6:30 AM and getting home after 7. He basically has had time to get home, have dinner, and spend a whopping half an hour with Brooke before I get her ready for bed. It's been sad, because she's only this little for so long. Of course there is some stress in any job at some point in time, but the new job will be a lot less stressful, and Ryan will actually have a LIFE outside of work. He'll be able to get to the gym like he's really been wanting to, but is too exhausted for, and most importantly he'll be able to enjoy his family. :) So, needless to say, I am THRILLED about it! He starts the new job on the Monday following Thanksgiving.
So, that's the big news over here. :) In addition, though, I also took some new pictures of our little girl today! She's two days shy of 12 weeks, (I added a new ticker at the very bottom of my journal to help me keep track!) and this week she decided that she LOVES her toys!! She is absolutely fascinated when I shake them in front of her, and when she grabs onto them she won't let go of them for anything!
Congratulations! Life outside of work? Who knew there was such a thing! (My husband doesn't, he hardly has time outside of work for anything, lol.) That's good and I'm glad for you that Ryan can enjoy time with his little girl (and YOU, too, ofcourse!)
God bless, *Alyssa*
#
posted by Anonymous :
1:41 PM, November 13, 2007
Congrats to Ryan on his new job!!! And I love the new pics of your sweet girl :-). She's just adorable.
#
posted by Anonymous :
2:26 PM, November 13, 2007
God Bless Ryan and his new job! I an realy happy for you guys. I hope you are doing good too. Brooke has gotten sooooo BIG now! I wonder what color hair she is going to have????
Lots of love
*****Courtney***
#
posted by Anonymous :
7:25 PM, November 13, 2007
Congrats on the new job!!! Sounds like this is going to be much better for you guys. Hope you have a wonderful day :-)
#
posted by Geniève :
12:40 PM, November 14, 2007
I'm so happy for you guys! The baby is adorable . . . she and Grandma Darlene have the same bubbly personality.
#
posted by Anonymous :
5:06 PM, November 14, 2007
Congrats on Ryans new Job! I am so happy for you and that he gets to enjoy time with you and Brooke. She is so adorable so much personality. I am wanting a job like that it would be wonderful so then I can spend more time with my husband. God is good isn't He? He will always provide what we need. Well praying for you have a great day and Thanksgiving if I don't chat to you sooner.
#
posted by Anonymous :
4:44 PM, November 15, 2007