Brrrr! It's a blustery 33 degrees on this Tuesday morning, and it's definitely feeling like it should this time of year. I have a feeling that we have a cold winter in store for us, which I hope will equal more snow. :) That's my wish anyway.
Well, we survived Brooke's 2 month pediatrician's appointment yesterday, though it was definitely not a happy Monday. (Ryan thankfully met us there. I needed his support!) She weighed in at 12 lbs, 14 oz, (90th percentile) and measured 23". (75th percentile) Her doctor said that she looks perfect, and she's right on track developmentally. (actually, she's ahead on a few things, like head control. She is STRONG!)
Then came the time for all of her vaccinations, two in one thigh, one in the other. I had given her tylenol an hour earlier, as a few people suggested to me, and held off on feeding her so that I could feed her after she got her shots. There was a delay after she got the first shot before she realized what had happened and started to cry. The other two were quick, but she did the mouth-wide-open-with-no-sound cry before absolutely wailing. It broke. my. heart. (Thank goodness Ryan was there!) So, of course, I'm crying because I can't stand seeing her so upset. It was h-o-r-r-i-b-l-e. I guess it's just the beginning of hurts that mommy can't prevent... but, it's way better than her actually catching the illnesses that the vaccines prevent.
She was pretty pitiful for a few hours afterward, but she mainly slept it off. Thankfully the appointment was right before her big nap time, so it worked out perfectly. She was so heartbreakingly cute after she woke up, because she would try to smile and talk, but wind up whimpering two seconds later because she didn't feel well. By the time bedtime rolled around, though, she seemed pretty much like her usual, happy self. :) Whew!
Today I have a Ford Focus, with 124 miles on it and that new-car smell, to drive around, as my beautiful Explorer is in the shop getting a window fixed. Ryan realized a few weekends ago that the window wouldn't go down when you pressed the button, so we're having it fixed while it's still free under warranty. :) I thankfully only need to go grocery shopping, so getting the car seat in and out won't be that big of a deal.
I'll also be heading to the gym around noon-ish. I started back up at the gym last Monday, and wound up going three times last week, and then did our 3 mile walk one of the mornings. I also do abs and floor work at home. (the floor is the dirtiest place at a gym--gross!) It's actually pretty funny, because I thought with all of the walking I had been doing since Brooke was a week old, getting back up to speed at the gym shouldn't be that difficult. Ha! That first day, the elliptical kicked my rear, and it was all I could to do to get through an hour workout of cardio and weights. The weights were actually the easy part, since I'm used to carrying Brooke around. :) But the second time was better than the first, and the third was better than both of them, so I'm really happy about that! I guess I should take a progress picture, since a lot of you have asked how I've done, and most of the pictures I've posted of myself don't show all of me.
Well, the girl is waking up, so I need to get going. I had heard that vaccinations could mess up a sleep pattern because they're cranky, but she slept 5 hours, ate, then slept another 5 hours, as she has become accustomed to lately. :) It's great!!
Watching them get their shots is always so heartwrenching. At a year they start getting them in their little arms and I didn't think it could get worse, but Mya was inconsolable. Man, I wish I had your drive. I haven't set foot in a gym in, baha, too long...let alone since Mya was born. I'm sure you're looking amazing!!
Awww... Poor baby getting her shots. That must be a horrible thing to watch.
I woke up this morning and we actually had SNOW on the ground!!! I couldn't believe it. It's melting now, but the first snow in October! Craziness... I thought you'd appreciate that :-)
Glad to hear she is doing better. I hope you have a fun day with Brooke. I lost my job so now I am home more. we just got a digial camera so that was fun. Well I will be praying for you I hope you and Ryan have a good upcoming weekend. My husband was pretty upset about Penn State game my cousin and I kept hearing No No No. Our one friend is from Ohio she was teasing Shawn about it last night, Talk to you later have a blessed day. Tee
#
posted by Anonymous :
12:38 PM, October 31, 2007