With Brooke finally feeling better, we set off this morning to visit my old office and see my old coworkers! It was so great to see everyone, and introduce them to my baby girl. :) Being there again made me realize that while I do miss everyone, being home with Brooke is so much more important. She changes every day, and I can't imagine missing a second of it... and thank God that I don't have to.
An amazing part of being a mom that I've discovered is the absolute joy in watching your child develop, and see their personality begin to show. Brooke is so beautiful... but she's also very thoughtful, unbelievably curious and observant, a total sweetheart and cuddlebug, and she's hilarious! She makes the funniest faces, has the daintiest mannerisms, and her smile and coos just melt me. And I don't have to ever miss a day of it. I feel so blessed!
Last night, she slept for a glorious 5 hours straight, (then ate) followed by 2 hours, (then ate) then another hour while I showered and got ready. The night before, she slept 6 straight hours! What a good baby. ;-) Sure, it could change at any moment, but I'm enjoying it when I can!
More pictures to share! The first three are from last Friday, so she was 4 weeks, 6 days old. The last one was taken yesterday at 5 weeks, 4 days. Have I mentioned she has CHANGED SO MUCH since she was born?!
Propped up on the sofa! :)
She was in the middle of telling me something. Obviously :)
She is growing fast! I love the snoozing picture, that is really sweet... she looks like a beautiful little girl.
Have a good weekend!
*Alyssa*
#
posted by Anonymous :
11:21 PM, October 04, 2007
Too cute! I love the one of her sleeping... adorable. And yes, you are blessed to stay home with her instead of working. What a wonderful "job" you have.
Oh she is so precious! I love sleeping baby pictures! What a doll! Our girls always had a least one hand by their face when they slept! I know you are treasuring these moments. I am glad you are taking lots of pictures because one day you won't remember so clearly (hard to believe but true!) and they are so sweet to look back on!
Glad you are feeling so well! I am so impressed with your "mileage" since giving birth! Keep up the great work!
Blessings, Eva
#
posted by Anonymous :
10:51 PM, October 05, 2007