Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The New "Normal" -

Well, Brooke's 2 week check-up was yesterday, and it went very well! They weighed her, and she now weighs... are you ready for this?... 8 LBS, 10 OZ!! I knew she was growing, and easily had to be back over her birth weight of 7 lbs, 12 oz, but WOW! She's definitely eating like a champ, that's for sure. :)

Her next appointment isn't until 2 months, but that won't be a fun one for her. Lots of shots. :-( I'm not sure who will cry more, me or her.

Thankfully it seems like she got past her growth spurt, and wanting to eat every hour of the day. (Thank you, God!) Last night she slept in HER room for the first time, too! I moved her bassinet in there, though, because she's not quite sure what to do with all of the room in her crib yet. :) She slept pretty well! She slept 3 hours, then 2 hours, then 1. (but we were ready to get up by then anyway) It's nice to reclaim our bedroom, and I think she enjoys her own room, too. It's warmer, and quieter for her.

I got SO MUCH done yesterday! We ran to the bank, the drycleaners, and the pharmacy. (for some eye medication for Brooke) Not to mention, all of my thank you notes are done now, (something that had been looming over my head!) bills are paid, my house is (mostly) clean, paperwork has been organized and put away, flowers have finally been watered, (poor flowers) etc etc. I finally felt like my old self again, getting things done AND getting it all done with my baby girl in tow, to boot. It sure feels good. During her first week home, I wondered how I'd ever get anything done. :)

Time is already flying, but I sure am enjoying it all! She already doesn't look like a newborn to me anymore, and she is changing every day it seems.

For those of you who have babies/kids, when did you first start getting portraits taken? I have a drawer full of coupons for different portrait places, but I'm not sure when I should start having them taken.

Hope you all have a great day! :)


6:42 AM

Comments:
I had our Hannah's done twice during the first few weeks...but it's so hard to get one when they're actually awake. The first one she was sleeping, but the second one she was fully awake and angry. Most people I hear suggest you do monthly portraits during the first year...especially if you'r doing one of those frames that has spots for one month, two month, etc. pics. I just suggest...don't overdo it and get every pose every time you go...trust me you can end up with WAY TOO MANY photos!
Hope that helps!
Becky Dow
www.xanga.com/bbdow30
 
I agree. Although I never really had to use all the coupons they gave me because my brother-in-law is a photographer, so I just got free portraits :) I had some done probably every two months. I'm glad I did because she looks completely different now! But I don't think you can ever have enough pictures. I can look at her pictures all day long :) Just my two cents!
Janeidy
www.xanga.com/chosen_124
 
So glad you are feeling back to normal and in the swing of things. :) I have been praying for you daily, as always. :)

As for the pictures, I don't have any kids yet obviously, but why wait? I mean, why not remember her face before it changes? And since you have all the coupons, why not do it now!? :)
 
We've done them at 2 weeks, 3 months, 6 months and then in a couple weeks we'll do 9 months. Then in Jan we'll get her year pics taken.

They grow up so fast!!
Erin
www.xanga.com/airdee26
 
Both my brothers have done the every three months route. One started at 3 months and the other started at newborn though. It seems to me like a photographer who comes to you (as theirs did) might better capture a newborn than a studio--though that's just my opinion. I LOVE the newborn shots of my nephew though. They are precious. :) I hope we can find someone as good down here.... when it's our turn.
Blessings to you! So glad you had a good day and are finding a new routine. :)

~Becca
(refrigeratorart)
 
I think we are really blessed to have digital cameras that make capturing good pictures (and deleting bad ones) so much easier! We took Hannah's first picture at 1month. Thankfully she was awake and happy! Sarah didn't have hers until 6 months. And Mary was a year old! Aren't we terrible!! But we do have tons of video and digital shots and regular snap shots!

Glad you are feeling so well! Continuing to pray for you!
In Him, Eva
 
i know jcpenney gave us a "schedule" of "normal" baby pictures- newborn, 3 mos, 6 mos, 9 mos, 1 yr, 18 mos, 2 yrs, and then yearly. we skipped the professional newborn pics but have kept up with the rest of that schedule.
 
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I wanted to stop by and tell you that I love the pics of cute baby Brooke! Zaiah is doing good too! She smiled at Tom and I for the first time a few days ago...talk about melting our hearts :)

I pray that you guys keep doing great! God bless, and take care, Vincy
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers