Thursday, August 09, 2007

Sweet Time -

6 days, and counting. I had my doctor's appointment bright and early this morning, but I'm sad to say that there was virtually no progress from last week's appointment. I was bummed, let me tell ya. Of course, she said I may not even see anymore progress until I actually go into labor. :-P So, it is what it is.

"So, we need to make an appointment for you for next week?" the receptionist asked as I stood there at the desk. "Yes, but hopefully I won't need it," I said, jokingly. I'll be 40 Weeks, 1 Day if I do make it till then, and who wants that?! :)

A few of you have asked when, and who, exactly will be updating once I deliver. Ryan will be taking his laptop to the hospital, for a couple of reasons, so he will announce it IF we can get a connection in there. If not, my Mom has offered to log on here and announce it for us. So, either way, you all will know, I promise. :)

I'm trying not to get too impatient, though, and have been enjoying these last days with Ryan as "just us." It'll be a good, long time before it'll ever be "just us" again, and even then, it never really is. So, we've been enjoying our time together.

I went ahead and had my address changed on my license at the DMV today, since my doctor's office is so close to one of the locations. Did you know you have to get a new picture taken just to change your address on your license?!?! Well, I didn't. Last time I had my license renewed, and had my picture taken, was on the very day of our 2nd wedding "monthiversary." Funny, isn't it? I manage to get pictures taken during big life milestones. Once as a newlywed, and then as a 9 months pregnant mom-to-be. (though, I can't complain.. it's not a bad picture!)

Well, after my appointment, trip to the DMV, two other errands, and lunch with my Mom, I'm ready to go take a nap. :) I must say, I'm VERY glad I didn't try to work all the way till my due date. I do believe I'd be about ready to shoot myself, if I hadn't already. Being this pregnant is exhausting!

Hope you all have a great day!


12:12 PM

Comments:
Oh what a bummer, too bad you aren't farther along.
 
I'm sure once you start making "progress," the process will be over before you know it and you'll finally get to hold your baby girl!

Not much longer... :o)
 
Well, at lest we know now that the baby will be here in a few days. Always praying for ya, Courtney
 
trust me sister...working till the end isn't that easy, although I can't complain...God has been wonderful with giving me strength! The harder part is the other 3 and trying to give them the attention that they need when I'm so tired :)

has your doctor talked about how long their going to let you go? some offices don't like to extend the due date past 2 weeks b/c of the placenta beginning to fail at that point. do they have a plan of action, just in case? always good to know before something like that takes place. good to know how they go about induction as well (which I DO NOT recommend!) I've been there and done that, it was hard for me (at that point the doctor was going on vacation and he induced me at 39 weeks, this was with Eva).

make sure you get as much rest as possible. it might help to have Ryan do some agressive foot rubs, ar go to a good place where you can get a pedicure. there are certain spots on the foot that help to begin labor.(not kidding here, and it's not a wives tale...even expensive massages have disclaimers attached to them : do NOT massage -lists exact location on foot- of a pregnant woman, could lead to labor)

there are other ways, of course of trying to bring it on of which it might not be suitable to list...but trust me they work!

just hang in there! it will be great once it finally happens! God bless, Vincy
 
How are you doing? When I don't see a post from you in awhile I start to wonder if you have gone yet or not.
 
if you have a minute Jo did some more pics of the fam! I hope that things are going good for you and that you had a relaxing weekend! God bless, and take care! Vincy
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers