Thursday, August 16, 2007

Past Due Blues -

Nope, no baby yet. Actually, not only is there no baby yet, but according to my doctor at my appointment this morning, I've made "very little" progress. (her nice way of saying no progress)

I actually thought our baby girl was going to be born yesterday. I really did. I was convinced I'd be one of the 5% of women who actually deliver on their due date. I had woken up at 2:45 AM yesterday morning having contractions every 10 minutes until 4:45 AM, when I must've fallen back asleep. (they weren't painful, but they made me feel really sick) Once I finally got up, though, they gradually dwindled away into nothingness, and I only had them sporadically throughout the day. I was definitely having the due date blues.

Ryan and I went for a long walk last night, and I was having some VERY painful contractions towards the end of it. Sad to say, I didn't wake up feeling any contractions last night, in spite of our efforts, and today I'm actually feeling pretty good aside from some waves of nausea here and there. I'm just bummed, honestly, but am trying to make the best of it! She has to come out eventually. (right?)

So, the plan is that I have another doctor's appointment on Monday morning, IF I haven't delivered yet. If I make it to the appointment, she will schedule an induction date. So! There is an end in sight, at least. :) I'm not crazy about the possibility of being induced.. but then again, I'm not crazy about being pregnant forever, either. I'm pretty much open to just about ANYTHING at this point.

It's really weird, too, that when I'm asked when I'm due, I have to say, "Yesterday." It just sounds so wrong.

Okay, I can't even THANK YOU all enough for all of the sweet comments and introductions you've all left for me! Please bear with me as I try to get around to you all, but I'm bookmarking you all as I go along, and I'm so happy to have "met" so many new people because of it. :) I'm blown away by how many of you are so excited for Ryan and I, and anticipating meeting the newest little addition to our family. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Well, I'm off to lunch and a movie with Mom to turn this rainy, no-good-news days into a good day. :) I'll let you all know if there is any more news! Hope you all have a great day~


10:52 AM

Comments:
Keeping you all in my thoughts... baby girl must be really comfy in there. Or maybe she realizes it's so hot out here (or at least in the St Louis area :)) that she'd rather stay inside :).

Take care hun ~Susan~
 
What a bummer, hang in there. We are praying for you always.
Lots of love, Courtney
 
I have the Princess Court crew waiting for the arrival of babygirl. I would have texted you, but um..remember that broken phone thing? I still haven't programmed your # in my phone.. how terrible? I've been busy training at work too otherwise I'd be sending you a grand email.. perhaps today?

Anywho.. I was praying on the way to work this morning for a healthy baby and friend and if you hadn't had her, that you WOULD have one.

Love you much much.
 
I was past my due date so I know how you feel!!!

I want to STRONGLY suggest that you avoid induction unless baby girl or you are in danger. It is NOT WORTH IT to have your first moments with your daughter be with you all drugged! Induction with drugs makes contractions INSANELY painful. When I went in for my induction, I was 3 cm dilated, but they wanted the labour to be faster so they pumped drugs into me, more and more and more drugs. I should have said I would go home and let it progress naturally. Next time around, no induction unless NECESSARY! 90% of women I have talked to regret their inductions (unless baby was in danger). I don't want to scare you, but think about it - years ago they didn't have the drugs, and lots of babies were born healthily after their due dates.

I will be praying for you!!!
 
Yeah, that does sound weird that you have to say you were due yesterday. I was hoping that you would have the baby before I leave for vacation this weekend, but it looks like it might not happen. I'm going to be going crazy with curiousity while I'm gone!;) Good luck!!:)
 
Maybe baby is waiting until Sunday so she can have the same birthday as me?

teehee

Have fun with Mom BTW!
 
I always anticipated women to be the same as how you're feeling, really wanting to meet the new bundle of joy. Then I had a friend who would stop at nothing to let the baby stay in as long as possible. Apparantly, the longer she's in, the better it is for her.

So while it sucks for you, with wanting to meet her, it's great that she's getting extra "baking time".

However, I fully realize that it is SO much easier for me, being non-pregnant to say that, as opposed to being 9 months pregnant and incredibly excited to meet my baby!

She'll be here soon! :-)
 
Oh man...that elusive 5% remains elusive, huh? Well, have a wonderful day with your mom anyways, and enjoy the fact that you CAN still just pick up and go out for lunch and a movie! ;-)
 
She's just not done "baking" in there, as Joel would say! She'll come in her own sweet time... late babies (my mom went THREE WEEKS past her due date with me!) are the best, anyway. ;)

I know it's disappointing, but she'll be here soon, one way or the other. Enjoy these last few days as just you and Ryan as much as possible, because it'll never be like that again! :)

Sending labor wishes your way, darlin', in any event!
 
hey just wanted to introduce myself...i'm sarah! my husband and i live down in tennessee but i grew up in maryland. i don't remember how i found your site but i always enjoyed reading about your wedding and now your new baby! i'm at 'bluediamonds' on xanga.
good luck these next couple of days! i've got my fingers crossed for you and ryan!
 
I am sorry to hear that you made "little progress" That isn't what you always want to hear. I will be praying that she comes soon and that you won't have to wait too much longer to welcome your little one into the world. Just think, God is adding the finishing touches to your beautiful daughter. Praying for you and Ryan. God Bless.
Tina - Starbeamdust
 
Hi there beautiful pregnant woman! I know it doesn't feel like it does it?! Hang in there...you've heard that from just abut everyone as of late I'm sure...but it WILL happen!

I know that I'm not at my due date yet, but I truly can relate. I'm going into my 39th week, and all I can think of is...it never took this long for the other 3 to come..what is going on?! The hardest part is that I'm still working straight through till the end, so my taking leave is up to her coming (which is why I'm counting down a bit more dramatically then I would have otherwise :)

Take care of you...get a pedicure, pamper yourself as much as possible right now! God bless, Vincy
 
Baby????????

I have been stalking here all day long! It's the stalker! :)

Praying! Right now!
 
Thinking of you today! Can't wait to hear the news! :-)
Kelly
xanga.com/kisaacson
 
Sorry I didn't leave a comment yesterday when you asked for them. It's been crazy around here with preplanning. But, my classroom is ready, and I think I'm as ready as I'm going to be!

I found your xanga link through one of the blogrings there... married Christian women maybe? I don't remember. I found it sometime before you were married. We were married in October, so it was fun to read about someone just a couple weeks behind us. :)

I have been blessed by Christ in your life and writing; and even though I'm green :), I'm excited for your new baby girl! Can't wait to hear the good news and see pics (and then check my igoogle countdown to our trying date :)).

BLESSINGS to you and Ryan!!
Becca
(refrigeratorart on xanga)
 
Come on, baby S! :)

p.s. my previous comment about being "green"... that was with envy--just wanted to clarify. ;)

Can't wait to see her little face and find out what name you've picked!! :)
 
Haven't heard from you in a few days..does this mean little baby girl has made her appearance? Can't wait for an update!!
Kelly
 
Em, I'm beginning to wonder if Baby Girl has made her grand entrance... it's been a while! Update us! :)
 
I'm curious too, haven't heard from you in a while. How are you doing?
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers