Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Fruity -

Nope, no baby yet. :) I suppose that if I'm actually able to sit here and post then that's pretty much a given, though. 39 weeks tomorrow, and my weekly newsletter (which, if you remember, has consistently referred to the baby in terms of fruits and veggies) compares the baby's size to a watermelon. First thought was, "Wow, I remember when she was the size of a grain of rice!" Second thought was... how on earth is a watermelon going to get out of my belly?! Wow. The female body is an incredible thing, isn't it?

Oh my goodness. I just received a package at the door with some of the most adorable baby clothes tucked inside, compliments of this wonderful friend of mine! Also included is the most adorable coat, and precious pair of itty bitty, reminds-you-of-UGGs, boots you've ever seen! Seriously, this little girl is SET. :) More set than I am in the clothes department, that's for sure!

I need to take pictures of the nursery, so you all can see it in it's fully finished, completed state. :) Back before we had even moved and had a room for her, I worried about my ability to put together an entire nursery, and have everything coordinate. (not to mention without spending a fortune) I had no clue about colors, no clue about a theme. Silly? Probably. I'll blame it on the hormones. It all really came together, though, and it's easily my favorite room in the house. Sometimes I'll just go in there by myself and sit in the glider, gliding along as I think about what it'll be like when she's finally here.

Well, I'm off to finish up my hospital bag. That'd probably be a good idea, so I'm not trying to finish it up before heading out the door to deliver, no? I'm trying to decide if I'll want music available during my labor. Thoughts? They don't have equipment there set up for it, so I'd just need to bring my own. No big deal, but I can't decide if I'll want it or not. Decisions, decisions.

Hope you all are having a great day! :)


2:14 PM

Comments:
Kenny G! Maybe it'd be relaxing? Calming??

What about ocean sounds? I could make you a custom CD of it! eheh.. or you could just buy one..

Maybe I'll just make you a CD when I get a chance - do I have time? Baby girl! Do I have time?! :)

Glad you liked the goodies.. love you muchly!

Prayers as always..
 
Make a playlist in case you do want it.. or two. One fast, one slow? I'd think fast music might help with the pushing.. sort of like a great workout. :-)

How are we going to know if you ever deliver, your fans want to know? Will anyone be posting for you?
 
I can't wait to see the nursery, I'm sure it is really cute.

I hope you have a nice day tomorrow and I hope your little girl comes sooner than later.
 
How are you planning on laboring - natural or epidural?

If you're going natural I'd definitely bring it just in case you need the distraction. One of my friends who labored at Loudoun turned on some music and got in the tub and she said it was better than either of the epidurals she'd had with her previous two kids. LOL And if you're having an epidural, it'll be nice to have something to do in case it works REALLY well and you can't feel the contractions at all. ;)

Besides, worst case, you'll get there and be so in laborland you won't want the music at all and then you just don't turn it on. ;)

**hugs** I'm so excited for you! Sorry I haven't been commenting at all but I've been reading faithfully. :)

-Sarah M.
 
Hey Em,
Please do tell more about how you want to have this baby (needle or none..etc.) We can't wait to meet this baby girl. Love you always, courtney
 
It's such a waiting game isn't it? I tell you what...I'm ready to go now as well, and I'm only 37 weeks...I figure they count that as full term....now hurry up baby!

Good for you getting everything set up! I was talking to the hubby yesterday saying...we need to go through the baby clothes that we have tucked away before it's D-Day :) With the other 3 kids, I think we've put baby on a bit of a back burner!

With the music question....I took music for Audra and never used it. It depends upon how quickly you go. If it takes you awhile then you might find it soothing. If you go fast (here's hoping :) then it honestly won't change that much in the atmosphere. Keep in mind, they will constantly be coming in to ask you questions, ckeck your blood pressure etc. If it's too loud that's just something else that you and hubby have to worry about adjusting.

Take care and I pray that she'll come soon! Vincy
 
i say give yourself the option of music. :) but i would say that, wouldn't i? it never ceases to amaze me that a new person is about to be in your family...and mine. wish i could have been at the shower! i love you to pieces.
 
The nursery looks so good! I chose not to find out the gender until after the birth with the first two so our nursery theme was the four primary colors. With Mary we knew she was a girl so we went with a lot of pink and white! With my first I spent a lot of time in the nursery the last few weeks sitting and praying and praising God! I was so happy and scared (watermelon issue) and so thankful after waiting so long to be married and now with a baby! I am so thrilled for you!

I took a stereo and CD's but never played it. I might have done it with headphones, but then again I was induced and already had a lot of wires and things attached! :)

I find that after nearly 9 years of marriage it is easy to loose connection with your husband and always make the kids priority over him and even time with God. I recommend you make time to spend alone with God and with Ryan and don't talk about the kids! The last part is so hard for me! It is so easy for me to stay focused on them. But truly Alpheus and I need to keep talking about our hopes and dreams and concerns. At first though you will both only talk about your sweet girl! :)


BTW, I think God makes the last few weeks very uncomfortable so we are used to only sleeping in cat naps. That way after the baby is born, we are already used to waking up every two hours! :)

Praying for you! Love, Eva
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers