Thursday, August 02, 2007

Blink of an Eye -

WOW, this week has flown by! Is tomorrow really Friday already? Here I was worried that after I was done with work the time would come to a practical stand still. Not so in the least!

Nesting has been one reason for keeping busy. My Mom, though, is the main reason! I've been doing things around the house, of course, (did I mention the nursery is READY?!) but my Mom has been the key to my sanity. We've been out to eat, out to see a movie, (No Reservations--good movie!) out running errands, and, (my favorite part) out to get manicures and pedicures. :) Hello, relaxation!

I have my weekly doctor's appointment tomorrow, and I'll be 38 weeks, 2 days. That translates into a mere twelve days till my due date. Can you believe it? The contractions I had been having (albeit rather sporadic) have pretty much all but disappeared. I mainly get them in the middle of the night, (thus the reason that we now have a waterproof mattress cover--just in case!) and I've only had a few during the day time. I honestly am just attributing this to the fact that I'm not stressed in the least, and have been pretty relaxed since my last day of work. Stress can trigger contractions.

Speaking of stress! I got an e-mail from one of my former co-workers, saying that the storm on Sunday killed the AC system, which caused the server to overheat and die. Yeah. They just got back online this morning. Can I just tell you how thankful I am that I was NOT working there through the end of this week?!

I had planned on spending lots of time in the pool during these last couple of weeks, but it has been miserably hot! It supposedly isn't as humid, but the sun is intense! My skin is extra sensitive thanks to being pregnant, so I'm a little worried about coming home looking like a giant lobster. That's pretty much the last thing I need on top of all of my other uncomfortable pregnancy side effects. :) Who knows, maybe it'll cool down for a day or two before I deliver. :)

I guess that's all of my news for now. I'll be updating more often, (honest!) I've just been busy and enjoying myself as much as possible before delivery. :)

Hope you all are doing fantastic!


7:16 PM

Comments:
your so lucky you weren't at work this week. show pictures of the nursery. this week did go by fast. much love.
 
OMG!! I can't believe you have less than two weeks left!!! I'm sooooo jealous; I'm ready for my little girl to be here, too!!!
So is Ryan going to get online and let us know when the baby gets here (and tell us her name!!!), or are we going to have to wait until you get out of the hospital??
Have a great weekend!!
 
Well it is good to hear from you. Glad to see you are doing well and I have to say that every time from here on out that I see you have updated, I'm going to wonder if you had your little one yet. I'm really excited for you and will be praying that your delivery goes well for both you and your little girl!!
 
Have a good weekend! :o)

*Alyssa*
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers